House & Bass 2014

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Looking at ILXs list of best tunes of 2013 I realised how many great pop-house tunes there were last year ("Need U (100%)", "Imagine It Was Us", ''Jaded'' etc.) - I'm totally down for another summer of that shit, as tired as I am of house up to a point.

datwun

Edit: Found it -
Really nice old skool house vibez on this one. Feeling it a lot!

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
House n Bass mix recorded last weekend:

1. Mulla - unknown
2. Storm Queen - Look Right Through (Danny T & Billy Kenny Edit)
3. J Clarke - Every Mornin'
4. Oliver Rees - She Said
5. 33Hz - Don't Forget Ma Name
6. Ruki - You A Freak!
7. Inner City - Good Life (Hector Couto Roush Edit)
8. x5 Dubs - Down On You Remix (Deep Dutty Version)
9. CheckMate - Dis Da Shit
10. Scott G - Cud Be
11. Danny T & Billy Kenny - Pressure
12. Clean Bandit - Rather Be (LS2 Remix)
13. Danny T - Make You Wanna Move
14. Cause & Affect - Social Experiment
15. Suck Fake & Daniel Brooks - Screamin'
16. Luke Liddiard - Bring That Back
17. Too2Dirty feat. JK - JK's Back (The Ledgard Brothers & Shuber Remix)
18. Jamie George & Hannah Wants - Butterflies (Hybrid Theory Remix)
19. Scott G - Burn
20. Scott G - Last For
21. WildOnes - Rescue Me

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?azod77kccry6tns

continuum

smugpolice
20 year old producer on Rinse Recordings plays 2 hour set at Audiowhore on Friday then goes number 1 in the UK charts this evening >

datwun

So this is a few months old now, but it kind of perfectly captures my feelings towards a lot of house & bass:
http://www.beatport.com/release/cant-leave/1209871

It's like, super close to something I would find sick. I'm caught almost exactly between finding it banging and boring, but then I clock I can't really be arsed to listen to the track the whole way through. Don't know what it is about this stuff that makes it different to all the jackin I loved 2012- and the first half of last year - obviously something to do with the lack of bait vocals, but I think it's the sound pallet too. Something just the wrong side of brockout...

It's odd though, cause in someways it's pretty close to what Hybrid Theory's doing, but he just has much better ideas for drops, and more wobbles and warps to keep things interesting,

This is definitely more the sound I heard when I went to 02:31 over Christmas and on New Years, but it was still the jackin anthems where shit really popped off - bit bait ones like Faces.

Seems like such a clearly backwards step from

Last edited:

CrowleyHead

Frankie Knuckles is being reported as dead.

:<

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Q2xDshtor6c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

whytea

Article on 'House & Bass' from EDM DOT COM http://edm.com/blog/house-bass

Starting to feel like this sound is the new Brostep, people I know and the DJs/crowds I'm spotting raving about this Jump-Up side of the sound are more UK Hip-Hop & weed than fake tan & gyms

I feel it has followed that dubstep/brostep trajectory of originality declining in favour of bigger/filthier drops

datwun

And not a million miles away from this:

but some how just awkwardly more on the house & bass side of things... which probably shows the terms have a lot of overlap at the moment..

continuum

smugpolice
T. Williams & Shadow Child - Want You To

I’m not a massive fan of Shadow Child but this collab with T. Williams (who I do rate) has just been released on PMR and is real good. Heard it on Hannah Wants mix on Mista Jam’s 1Xtra show from Tuesday which you can still listen back to on the 1Xtra website. She also plays that ‘Bugatti’ track by Tiga. What a load shite that is.