Wen

rubberdingyrapids

the riko tune is the best thing on it.

seems like the idea of having to make an album caused him to go more for 'ambience' which makes a lot of it seem a bit light on ideas - felt like there was quite a lot of padding out going on.

also, i cant help thinking the whole mourning for pirate radio/elegaic tribute thing is a bit rinsed out right now, even though i am still a sucker for it, and this is hardly the worst offender. there is something about using grime mc-ing which was never about nostalgia (for the most part) or that kind of sentiment which makes the marriage of those two things a bit weird for me.

paolo

Mechanical phantoms
Nothing to be ashamed of dude, her shows were great. Living in a small town in Scotland years ago late night Radio 1 was one of the only ways for me to find out about awesome electronic music

CrowleyHead

I regret nothing... Except the point in her career where she kept hyping Blue Daisy and I'm like "... Ok, this is it for me." I think I did Benji B a couple times after that, but by then, I learned how to tune in on Rinse and it was a wrap.

hucks

Your Message Here
I regret nothing... Except the point in her career where she kept hyping Blue Daisy and I'm like "... Ok, this is it for me." I think I did Benji B a couple times after that, but by then, I learned how to tune in on Rinse and it was a wrap.

When she was really into Big Beat (and, um, maybe I was as well) she said similar things about Lo Fidelity All Stars and that was when I had to give up for a bit until the Dubstep wars Era. And then again shortly afterwards

Martin D

Keep trying Rinse but all the shout outs put me off but I do enjoy Clairvoyants, Scratcha & Surgeon. Never really gone back to Radio 1 for anything, listened to the first Skream & Benga, big mistake.

hucks

Your Message Here
I like it alot (and that's coming from a post-grime/dubstepblahblah sceptic)

Yeah me too. At least half of it's really good. There are a couple of tracks where the grime samples get a bit annoying - I prefer them not used in the obvious "split the sample in.....half" way. But the track with Riko is really good, and so's the one with Parris