Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sleaford Mods

Quote Originally Posted by connect_icut View Post
    Yep, turned off that signature so now nobody needs to know I have a blood phone.

Anyway, before I got Retweeted, I hadn't heard anything off The Originator. Turns out it's like The Mekon cubed - a distinctly rocky sound and lyrics almost insufferably drenched in self-hatred and degradation.

Still haven't managed to track down a full copy of SPECTRE. Anyone?
    I actually found one on eBay, but it'd already been bid on and sold.

best track off the new LP for me because of that springy, fidgety bassline - where's it from? Reminds me of all those times I walked into Way Ahead in Nottingham on Saturday mornings 25 years ago and wondering what the fuck was playing on the shop's system.

Last edited by HMGovt; 31-07-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Listened to them recently, just a couple of random songs off YouTube, and confidently dismissed them as a joke band. Then I read this thread and I decided to have another go, and had such a massive turnaround it makes me ashamed of myself

To me, their music doesn't really make sense in some way without seeing them perform (I mean the singer obviously lol). The thing that really made me think the guy's some sort of genius was the live footage from Glastonbury this year. I was absolutely captivated by it in a way I haven't been by a "band" for a very long time.

The way they slag off Kasabian and Gallagher and rock n roll is obviously a nice bonus

Quote Originally Posted by padraig (u.s.) View Post
    Not sure but the pills in this picture look like Citalopram, the antidepressant that I've been on for a few years.

FASCINATING FACT.

I was going to say I find the bits in their music where he goes from shouting to singing often really haunting. And also, there's frequently bits where I think I know what he's going to say, so that you can imagine it being self-parodic, but then he slips the net.

Also love the complete lack of pretension (or at least the affront to pretension) in having him standing there drinking beer and checking his phone on stage.

nice interview with Steve Underwood...

https://www.leftlion.co.uk/read/2018...teve-underwood

Quote Originally Posted by subvert47 View Post
    nice interview with Steve Underwood...

https://www.leftlion.co.uk/read/2018...teve-underwood
    Just saw that too - it's really really good. Love the bit about "lads" turning up.