Sleaford Mods

catalog

After retrieving the copy of 'Turbulent Times' for the Culture Bunker thread I had a look through and became intrigued by ALAP... So i speculatively emailed a guy up here who blogs about noise/weirdo stuff, to ask if he could lend me a copy (he had also reviewed it). He said he couldn't (would not part with his only copy) but would ask Steve, who sent him 2 copies, and he (the blogger guy) then sent me one, all for free. Unbelievable really. Especially cos it's sold out everywhere and £50 on Amazon.

john eden

male pale and stale
After retrieving the copy of 'Turbulent Times' for the Culture Bunker thread I had a look through and became intrigued by ALAP... So i speculatively emailed a guy up here who blogs about noise/weirdo stuff, to ask if he could lend me a copy (he had also reviewed it). He said he couldn't (would not part with his only copy) but would ask Steve, who sent him 2 copies, and he (the blogger guy) then sent me one, all for free. Unbelievable really. Especially cos it's sold out everywhere and £50 on Amazon.

Absolute legend. He also seems entirely disinterested in the prices his old releases fetch - like the Ramleh boxset and the first pressing of the Sleaford Mods album.

There's a few episodes of the Noisextra podcast with Chris Sienko who was the other editor of ALAP. I really hope they get Steve on one day.

catalog

yeah the chris sienko one i listened to was good, he was saying how ALAP volume 2 never came out cos they were being so particular about the contributions eg if possible trying to interview people in person, transcribing, never putting it through email even, to make it as exclusive as possible.

i love how underwood drove a bus for so long, i'm glad he's got harbinger back on track.

catalog

Mork n mindy has this weird bleepy sound over the chorus. I feel like they're moving things on a bit musically, but trying to shoehorn in the more classic tinny electronic sound as well.

They've done well to last as long as they have, that tune is all over the radio

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
just discovered that this exists...

I dunno :unsure:; surely they should be covering Erasure rather than Yazoo, seeing as their performance set-up is basically the same: with Jason as Andy Bell and Andrew as Vince Clarke