DIY Celebration thing - LDN 24th April

IdleRich

IdleRich
This guy heard me play my crappy attempts at music on the radio and asked me to get involved in this night that celebrates all things DIY - looks like it should be a really great event. I think it's at Somerset House but I need to double check that... the rest of the details are here:

http://www.commsbureau.co.uk/24thapril

THURSDAY 24th APRIL (LATE NIGHT)

10am-11am:
COLOURBOX'S WARM-UP HOUR
Gently warming up the Pick Me Up punters with a selection of ambient, electronic and alternative bleeps and blaps.
Web: mixcloud.com/colourbox

11am-1pm:
JIMSTOTEN & IRENE FUGA PRESENTS 'CAT ISLAND'

1pm-3pm:
MARCUS OAKLEY PRESENTS 'SMOOTH SAILING'
Jump on aboard and sail through a journey of smooth, soft, wonky and floppy pop music.
Web: soundcloud.com/the-sunflower-band

3pm-5pm:
WILL SWEENEY PRESENTS 'PSYCHOACTIVE AUDIO LOZENGE'
Outernational sounds from inner space.
Web: soundcloud.com/house-41

5pm-10pm:

MUTATION: ISSUE 1- ZINE LAUNCH
The launch Party for MUTATION’s first zine! With art from the finest UK & US freaks. A celebration of amateurism and D.I.Y. in Art and Music.
See faces melt before your eyes then wait for your ears to start shooting blood and luminescent gunge. An audiovisual party you’ll wish you could forget.
Expect garbage pail kids and gore. Grab a copy then run!

Lineup:

Pete Murgatroyd+Veins 5pm-6pm
Soft Bodies Records 6pm-7pm
So Young Magazine 7pm-8pm
Idle Rich 8pm-10pm

Web: mixcloud.com/MUTATION/mutation-mix

Pete Murgatroyd +VEINS

VEINS is a electronic duo of dreams and destruction. Influenced by experimental bleeps and warm synths, brothers Thomas and Edward Key set out to involve you on their analogue adventure.

PETE MURGATROYD is an Illustrator, member of Puck collective, shellsuit zombie, writes music for Soft Bodies Records and creator of The MUTATION ZIne & Web Project. Synth, Minimal, DIY, all running through a 16-bit 2nd generation mech suit.

Crumb Cabin

Crumb Cabin is a small press publisher, using various printing techniques to offer artists a home for their creations. We create high quality small press books at an affordable price, working with a variety of UK based and International artists, our aim is to create for them a potential of their artwork to be seen in a new context and to a wider audience. Crumb Cabin will be setting up as a Risograph Print Studio for Spring 2014.

Soft Bodies

Occasionally Soft Bodies will release compilation albums featuring a fine array of artists.

The first of these compilations is 'Soft Bodies Don't Bleed' featuring tracks from Rob Britton, Quimper, Pete Um, Bogus Pipeline, Man From Uranus & Rob Jesus, Narcissists, Bricolotheque, Filing System, Rob Kemp, Kincora Lovers Club, Jamie Manners. See here for more information about each of the artists featured.

Soft Bodies is an Impossibly angled record label interested in releasing anything that's interesting.

So Young

So Young magazine is based on fanzines from the punk era but with a much more positive outlook. With a community spirit we discuss with friends, bands and DJs the ever evolving roster of new artists paving the way for 2014 and beyond. It’s about documenting what is going on right now up and down the country and overseas in pubs, clubs, squats and living rooms. In a time of disposable music and art, So Young is a printed publication providing an insight into the newest talents within illustration and underground guitar music.

Idle Rich

Record collector and dj – joint resident for three years at all-conquering post-punk night Restless Gesture at The Alibi has also run countless nights on his own and taken his own idiosyncratic collection of left-field psychedelia and garage to Moscow, Paris and all round London – opening for The Warlocks and Damo Suzuki recently and regularly dj-ing with the likes of Cherrystones, Tom from the Horrors and Bill Brewster. Now he is ham-fistedly creating his own tracks that would sound exactly like the music he wants to hear if they would just come out a bit less wonky…