Reggae Mixes / Live recordings

rivetrenuck

Dear All,

I was introduced to Reggae via John Eden's and Paul Meme's fantastic mixes! Now I would like to listen to more Dancehall/Reggae mixes by other people. I have been to several Legendary Sound Clashes and have bought CDs from the shows unfortunately the recordings are atrocious. no surprise there as no live mic can record a reggae soundsystem. Anyways please do post here mixes that have have used an interesting selection.

droid

Theres still quite a lot of stuff up there - last time I checked anyway. About 40-50% Id say. Have you tried mailing 'em?

rivetrenuck

What an excellent site! I have tried about 20 links and none of them work. What actually works?

I would email them however there is not contact details on the website. Not that I have been able to find. Ill be more then willing to donate to keep this site alive. What a treasure trove lost at sea!

Are there any other resources? Seeing as this amazing site has fallen apart?

Mikey has got a few of the sets that were listed on whocorkthedance on his soundcloud profile.

Last edited:

firefly

i'd like to donate, as well. that site is absolutely amazing. it's a must for anyone interested in soundsystems...

droid

I've got about 70gb of soundclash and live stuff, so... unfortunately, no. Im sure there's some other sites still active though, let me take a look round.

rivetrenuck

Another possiblity , you could create a torrent? That way you could zip up a good ammount into a single file and save the hassle of uploading single files.

Thank you for the link

rivetrenuck

Cheers John!

Is Blood and Fire Forum still active? I applied for a membership 3 years ago and still havent got back to me. I have done this several times.

john eden

male pale and stale
(See not Seet)

Also is good news times, the legendary On The Wire show has upped its reggae specials to mixcloud:

A full 44 editions of the On the Wire - Reggae and Dub Specials,
including Part One of the latest King Tubby tribute from last nights
show and vintage shows from Burning Spear (with 1980 interview), Yabby
You (inspiration for the Blood & Fire collection) and Augustus Pablo
Rockers, now can be found at:​

http://www.mixcloud.com/otwradio/

zhao

there are no accidents
screen-shot-2013-11-22-at-19-09-19.png

https://soundcloud.com/djzhao/ngoma-16-love-rebellion

Ngoma One-Drop Special

give thanks to the most high

01 Queen Ifrica – Peace
02 Sizzla Kalonji – Jah Jah Blessing
03 Prophecy – How Could I?
04 Asfa – Not the Life
05 High Grade – Milk & Honey
06 High Grade – Weed Flex
07 Ritchie Spice – Ghetto Girl
08 I Wayne – Rasta Tell Dem All De While
09 Capleton – The Day Will Come
10 Alborosie – Rastafari Anthem
11 Tarrus Riley & Captain Sinbad – World Wide Rebellion
12 Konshens – War Straight
13 Kibaki – Pagans
14 Star – Treat Me Right
15 Chino – A Nuh Nothing
16 Bobby Treasure – Everybody Is Important
17 Kiprich – Tell Me Jah
18 Fanton Mojah – Dem Can’t Stop the Time
19 Chiney K – Me God Mi King (Papa Levi Tribute)
20 Cutty Ranks – Blood Stain
21 Dr. Evil – Wine Up Your Body
22 Kenyatta – Clarks
23 Busy Signal – Hustle
24 Kiprich – Who Say
25 Conrad Crystal ft. Suga Roy – Beat Them Bad
26 Chronixx – Start a Fire
27 Cecile – Popular Girl
28 Rihanna – Diamonds (J Vibe Remix)
29 R.C. – Customized Lady
30 Tanya Stephens – If You Knew
31 Etana feat. Busy Signal – Love Love Love
32 Christopher Martin – Top a Top
33 Cecile – Who You Love
34 Zj Liquid – One A Way
35 Delly Ranx – Work Hard
36 City Streetz Semi-Instrumental outro

philblackpool

gamelanstep
That Mikey (Micky?) Glamour someone mentioned upthread had an absurd amount of reggae mixes last time I looked, variety of eras from memory.

Listened to the Dave Katz Lee Perry episodes of On The Wire at the weekend - very good (but not as good as the book - WOW!).

You just have to get used to ropey, badly balanced recordings if you want live reggae flavour on tape, it's just the way it is, well worth it for that perfect moment or two that even the most mediocre tape has.

Being from the back end of nowhere originally & growing up (just) pre net boom, I used to hang on every scrap like this I could get....now there's so much I don't know where to turn!!