Rinse FM Pop music.

luka

i dont listen to music anymore but i had a job over winter where i listened to rinse all day and i loved it so much. that daytime playlist. the same 10 perfect songs on rotation day in day out. pop music that was so hip, this amalgamation of all my favourite things. made me really proud of the children of today.

luka

the only shit tunes they played were by jme or scorcher. everything else was perfect in every way.

luka

like dance music but turned into proper pop that is perfect for daytime radio

luka

it was such a shit job tunes like this were what got me through it
i couldnt care less about keeping up with music cos im 35 this year and only sad cases try and keep up in their 30s but this lot really helped me survive the winter

luka

i listen to this and i feel like im 19 again well powerful i wish i was part of this generation they are well optimistic and on to it

luka

this one. and if i burned down the city would you put out the flames. what a great song

luka

its come to terms with what it is. post time and space music. internet people. stopped having a crisis of conscience about it. that why tunes like german whip sounded so shit and out of place.

luka

tried talking about this on the riff raff thread. you have to know where you are. what your historical moment is.

Benny Bunter

oh hello again luka. ilx is generally better at this stuff but i could post loads of songs in this thread. you also really need to listen to 1xtra, probably more than rinse i´d say.

this is probably about the 3rd time ive posted this tune on here, but fuck it

Shift K3y - touch

Second City - I wanna feel (a no.1 hit)

All about she - Remedy

Kiesza - Hideaway (Gorgon City Remix)

not uk, but this is getting quite a lot of play

Vic Mensa - Down on my luck

also, most stuff on Black Butter records - rudimental, lulu james, MNEK, sinead harnett, gorgon city, clean bandit etc...

luka

post it cos i dont do that job anymore it was just a few months i dont listen to radio now

luka

i dont want to look through ilx threads about the ineffable genius of this or that person cos its a bit long just want it all in one place an aesthetic a generational shift a feeling

Benny Bunter

i´m afraid i´m not much of a pontificator anymore either. this stuff never really gets much of a reaction on dissensus anyway. i think you and craner would be good at this if only you kept up. still i´ll post some tunes up for you

keep hearing this one right now

Oliver Heldens - Overdrive