Rinse FM Pop music.

Benny Bunter

dig this new one by jess glynne (aka the singer on clean bandit´s no1 hit ´rather be´)

Jess Glynne - Right here

Last edited:

luka

i really liked his stay schemin.
this stuff is like someone asked me to list all my favourite records then they listened to them sort of semi digested them and churned out these amazing records that amalgamate them all so how can i not love it. its like it was made exclusively for my benefit

Benny Bunter

lol id forgot about farmer yardie! you´ve gotta love this guy

i would post up some jessie ware & katy b tunes but, again, ur better off with ilx for them two.

Benny Bunter

i
this stuff is like someone asked me to list all my favourite records then they listened to them sort of semi digested them and churned out these amazing records that amalgamate them all so how can i not love it. its like it was made exclusively for my benefit

well in your extended absence (when all this stuff really started kicking off last year) i did wonder if you would have been into it, especially with all the 80s boogie influences cropping up everywhere & wotnot.

Benny Bunter

Nineteen 96 ft. Gift - Tell me

All about she - Like that

Little Nikki ft. DJ S.K.T. - Right before my eyes (yes that one)

luka, note the comments from RommieBoy in that last video

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

In a perfect world this would be a huge record. Preditah remix of "Higher" by All About She, blows the original out of the water IMO.

RE: ILX being better for RNB/Rap I guess that's cos there's loads of Americans on there? Distinctly British music isn't really touching RNB/Rap in excitement/quality levels at the moment other than Deep Tech. If there was a Grime or Funky about Dissensus would probably be more essential.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I found that Route 94 tune rather bland when I first heard it. It made me want to gripe about how middle of the road and soft popular dance music is at the moment. But it does stay in your head, doesn't it? It doesn't stay in your head like one of those Crazy Frog songs which make you want to confess to terrorist plots to make it stop; it's more like a fondly remembered tune of yesteryear. Appropriately, really, since most of this stuff is a shameless pastiche of old house music. And why should it be ashamed? An odd thought, that in order to escape the shackles of the past it might be that the yoof have to discard the futurist aims/pretensions of an older generation.

luka

its not a shameless pastiche of old house though is it. the internet is a huge dressing up box

luka

i'll put on that dubstep bass, that rave piano, that hardcore breakbeat, that garage vocal treatment

luka

like ten years ago when i first started seeing young people dressing 90s and they would have a grunge shirt, a bomber jacket and cap eazy e would wear... all the individual items would have been worn in the 90s but never by the same person and certainly not in the same outfit

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
A subject I keep coming back around to obsessively and in vain is why certain music sounds so "summery". I wonder if its purely associative, or if certain harmonies and textures mimic or compliment our experience of hot weather, blue skies etc. I know that some people experience synaesthesia, which suggests that there IS a real sense in which music can be "colourful". (Interesting that so many of the terms people use to describe music are visual.) Maybe music can sound like a blue sky, or like the intensifying of colour in the summertime generally?