Rinse FM Pop music.

luka

I WORK NEXT DOOR TO RINSE NOW I SERVED UNCLE DUGGS A COORS LITE THE OTHER DAY NOE LIE FUNNY OLD WORLD

CrowleyHead

This shit kills me.

Mary is a garbage vocalist, and she's making a UK album because America can't forgive the embarrassment that was the KFC commercial. She's been dead as a sales figure and radio figure for so many years, and hearing these types thirst over her and try to turn her into a figure of stature just because of her commercial success...

Also, the fetishization of Mary's eubonics makes me want to pray this writer gets a urinary infection.

rubberdingyrapids

not read that observer piece but i doubt disclosure and whoever are working with her cos of her commercial clout, well not JUST cos of that. its cos shes a 'real' authentic soul voice in that great american tradition of aretha etc etc that british soulboys/dance producers have always loved... theyve been trying to turn mjb into that kind of national treasure type singer for years now (which if she had better songs, might have actually been successful). im interested to see what its like, though wasnt totally sold on the song they did at glastonbury. but then ive not really liked an album of hers all the way through since my life, and whats the 411 was better than that so...

trza

but she had a good song with method man released April of 1995, that's only 19 years ago now.

trilliam

mary j blige cud do kfc commercials from here to forever she's certified and those who know will always know

up there with braxton, brandy n them

rubberdingyrapids

fair to say that shes quite a bit further up than braxton, brandy and them...

she also that 'tragic' backstory that has been part of her PR for years (though i liked her best when she was more miserable, sorry, mary)

CrowleyHead

Not at all. Sunshine Anderson was a better Mary J. Blige than Mary. Keisha Cole too.

This is going to become one of those weird threads where people pretend that anyone other than bloggers REALLY care about Ciara, or Cassie? (Like, I love Cassie, but that's a strictly internet cult phenomenon, the general public of America knows her for one song and briefly having a fauxhawk)

trza

Just for the record, she did a commercial for Burger King, but it was for a chicken wrap.

craner

Beast of Burden
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rp1rIrMLIpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Just wondering if anybody keeps up to date with this stuff? I just looked up the UK Top 40 dance tunes and there's loads of super old shit in there like ''You and Me'' by Disclosure. I assume this is cos nowadays its done by MP3 downloads rather than latest releases charting high etc.

Are there are any particular shows on Radio 1/1xtra/Kiss that would cover this sort of stuff? Time for some investigative procedures.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Today I listened to the whole of 1xtra's daytime playlist A-List. Aside from ''Trap Queen'' by Fetty Wap, this is the one I liked:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jn9u9OTi0wY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

M.O. - Preach

Now time to check Rinse/Kiss I guess. Is this foolhardy? Are playlists guaranteed to be 90% shit?

http://rinse.fm/playlist/

RINSE FM

A-List

Adesse Versions-Pride
Azealia Banks - Ice Princess
DJ Fresh & Adam F - Believer
Fetty Wap - Trap Queen
NEW Hot Chip - Need You Now
Hudson Mohawke - Very First Breath (feat. Irfane)
Huxley - I Want You
NEW Jamie xx - Loud Places (feat. Romy)
Mura Masa - Firefly (feat. Nao)
Rabit x Myth - Lonely Backseat Love
Rihanna - B**** Better Have My Money
Skepta - Shutdown
Tei Shi - Go Slow
Tory Lanez - In For It

B-List

99 Souls - The Girl Is Mine
Denitia & sene - The Fan
Jonas Rathsman - Wolfsbane (Radio Edit)
Kali Uchis - Rush
Kanye West - All Day (feat. Theophilus London, Allan Kingdom & Paul McCartney)
Kelela - A Message
Kiesza - Sound Of A Woman (AKA Orange Remix)
Lethal Bizzle - Fester Skank
SYAP - Night & Day
Sonny Fodera & Bontan - Want to Know
Steve Lawler - House Record
The Dealer - For a Night (feat. Shells)
For a Night (feat. Shells)
Tom Shorterz x Lucy Love - Colours
iLoveMakonnen - Super Clean

Guestlist

Essess & Mike Gill - Love Somebody Else
NEW Everydayz & Phazz - Almeria
NEW Hudson Mohawke - Ryderz
Kehlani - Til The Morning (Snakehips Remix)
Kehlani -Til The Morning (Snakehips Remix) NEW Sinead Harnett - She Aint Me

Last edited: