RAP 2014

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/buvZDgNz_Us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8oxmz0YA2Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

couple of UK rap tunes I'm quite feeling

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
This is the best song released this year. Reese is unbelievable

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SnyldtUoDUs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's so Ruff Sqwad!! Wonderful.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/buvZDgNz_Us" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8oxmz0YA2Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

couple of UK rap tunes I'm quite feeling

stanna's back out after 8 years. still decent but not sure he's as good as he was

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/LWVQLQiS0KA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oWk5_u178_k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html"
width="640" height="390" src=""
frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Song of the year, no question!

DannyL

Wild Horses
Damn, I can't get with that at all. Or the Lil Reese above. Maybe me and hip hop are drifting apart....

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was sort of joking about the coco song, its a banger though and the hook gets stuck in your head within two plays.

Don't really see what's special about the Reese tune tbh. I'd like to know how he could be considered "incredible" tbh cos to me he's the weakest of the GBE boys as a rapper. On the subject of Chicago, the new Keef tape is really worth a listen cos he produces it himself and the production is mental. Weird and grimey and minimal and amateurish, reminds me of 'Bang'.

Actual best rap songs of the last month include

Lil Boosie - No Juice, I'm Wit Ya
Bobby Shmurda - Wipe The Case Away
Future - Gangland, Hardly

DannyL

Wild Horses
Coco has a certain swagger about it, and I agree about the hook. It feels like a kinda hip hop end point. The distillation of certain trends down to totally simple forms. But the thought of listening to a whole tape by that guy makes me want to put a gun in my mouth.

I do like the new Boosie stuff actually, that is hard.

jackjambie

Voodoo Priest
coco is great, i love it. this one probably needs to get a mention too as it's on a similar tip. reminds me of ODB's shimmy shimmy or something - stripped back piano, totally unhinged vocals. the video's great too. inspiration for countless hilarious vines, and just a really good value track in general i reckon.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kT3OQwyvKmk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Coco is big dumb fun. Busta Rhymes almost bustad his head open stagediving to it the other night.

I was listening to Future's "Monster" tape earlier and its really grown on me. A few clunkers but some really great stuff too. The title track has a beat that sounds like Clips/DJ Hazard jump up DNB slowed down, and Future is so great on it. "Hardly" is as emotionally stirring as anything he's done too.

The Boosie tape is slightly uneven but I reckon he COULD drop a classic album soon.

CrowleyHead

Cocoa is trash. It's literally a diluted version of "We Dem Boyz" which is a diluted version of "Hate Being Sober", which is proof that Young Chop was never supposed to be the one who blew up.

OG Maco is fucking garbage as well.

All these labels mistaking reductionist young kids learning how to rap with middle class kids making purposely stupid lowest common denominator rap is tiring as fuck.

luka

I keep trying to get corpsey to listen to Montana of 300 for the last week but he keeps ignoring me. Seems to me like he could end up like papoose or could get real traction. He's not halfway clever as he thinks hocus but at least he's giving it a go

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Coco is big dumb fun. Busta Rhymes almost bustad his head open stagediving to it the other night.

I was listening to Future's "Monster" tape earlier and its really grown on me. A few clunkers but some really great stuff too. The title track has a beat that sounds like Clips/DJ Hazard jump up DNB slowed down, and Future is so great on it. "Hardly" is as emotionally stirring as anything he's done too.

The Boosie tape is slightly uneven but I reckon he COULD drop a classic album soon.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

DannyL

Wild Horses
Listening to OG Maco and the Coco song, I kinda feel vaguely interested that that's what some people are doing right now. But utterly no sense of excitement. I feel kinda like an anthropologist studying music, more than anything. I have some of this stuff on a comp a friend did me and I feel like I listen to it out of a sense of duty, "keeping up" but really I feel that's it's pretty boring.

The last thing I actually rewound due to being excited was Gunplay, 50 Bars, which is str8 killer.

Last edited:

rubberdingyrapids

Listening to OG Maco and the Coco song, I kinda feel vaguely interested that that's what some people are doing right now. But utterly no sense of excitement. I feel kinda like an anthropologist studying music, more than anything. I have some of this stuff on a comp a friend did me and I feel like I listen to it out of a sense of duty, "keeping up" but really I feel that's it's pretty boring.

this is pretty much my reaction to most new rap. :slanted:

maybe im just getting old, but is my reaction to a lot of new music actually. there is stuff that i still like of course, but it does seem like diminishing returns on the whole, or maybe its just how im listening to it.