Guess who is ghostwriting wiley autobiography?

benjybars

village elder.
big up Luka.

I really wish this was true. In all seriousness I think a Wiley biography would fly off the shelves.

luka

it would fly off the shelves and it would also be invaluable as a historical/cultural document and it would be hilarious and scurrilous and endlesssly fascinating but it would also involve someone getting wiley to sit still and answer questions for hour after hour week after week and its hard to imagine that happening at the moment sadly and if someone does get to doit it wont be me and it will be a missed opportunity lool
q. r u really scared of foxes then?

CrowleyHead

I think it could happen, because it'd appeal to his ego. Like, you just have to Westwood the situation and just serve as a good comedy sparring partner. Maximize the Lukosity so he'll have to be the voice of reason. "No hang, on, let's get this right..."

droid

This must be wind up?

Not that its not deserved, and not that youre probably ideal for the job, but if there was one job in music writing that's predestined to crash and burn its this one. Id recommend a cast iron contract and everything in writing in preparation for the inevitable court case.

EDIT - sorry, missed the disavowal.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
a series of extended, filmed interviews would be better and more likely to succeed

not just sit downs though. filmed at various locations, cameos from people who happen to walk by etc.

in the style of a classic grime dvd, but focussed on wiley as he is now

Last edited:

john eden

male pale and stale
Another former Dissensus poster was trying to make this happen a while ago. It is a great idea.

I am sure Luka's book will be awesome. In fact I think we should start with the promo quotes for the book here already:

"This book had to be written, and Luka had to be the one to write it. 'I Am London' raises the bar for books on UK urban music. There is no better source for an insight into the changing face of London at the turn of the Century" - John Eden

luka

i was thinking that if i pretended it was real fervently enough it could somehow force reality into rearranging itself. instead wiley blocked me from twitter lool!

john eden

male pale and stale
i was thinking that if i pretended it was real fervently enough it could somehow force reality into rearranging itself. instead wiley blocked me from twitter lool!

Just do an "unofficial" one. Like a bootleg refix.

He retweeted me going on about descaling my kettle at the weekend. :cool:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
A "Please Kill Me" type collection of interviews, well edited, with the people around on the scene early on might be more easier to get done, and you can certainly put that together no problem.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Somebody definitely should do a grime book...there's one on amazon that looks like a photo thing that I never checked out, but it needs a history really...

CrowleyHead

Somebody definitely should do a grime book...there's one on amazon that looks like a photo thing that I never checked out, but it needs a history really...

I bought it. There's some sort of interesting bits but... *sigh* The author/photographer is kind of invested in the 'street poets' society and forces that in alongside grime. That said, there's a lot of great old school photos, and a brief sort of... almost article like thing on SLK.

philblackpool

gamelanstep
Blimey, interesting act to focus on ;-)

The go go one I'm reading at the mo is similarly frustrating....loads of interesting-in-theory stuff on churches, marching bands, local politics...and not quite enough (so far) on the actual history of the music its meant to be about...

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I admire how passionate about grime grime heads are, that's the sort of passion which will inform a really great book about it. That and luka, writing it.

Woebot

I bought it. There's some sort of interesting bits but... *sigh* The author/photographer is kind of invested in the 'street poets' society and forces that in alongside grime. That said, there's a lot of great old school photos, and a brief sort of... almost article like thing on SLK.

i liked the bits on birds the most

Ach!

Turd on the Run
Dun told you about the Pretty Woman riddim eleven years ago, 4m40s:

Last edited:

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
a series of extended, filmed interviews would be better and more likely to succeed

not just sit downs though. filmed at various locations, cameos from people who happen to walk by etc.

Did you guys see that short Slimzee film interview Rollo Jackson did recently?

It's really short and poignant. Bit lacking in detail or history, but it really gets to the bottom of who he is well, via a series of wanders down some canals in London. I would love to see something similar with Wiley. Something big, extended, serious.