where will you go when you cant afford london?

droid

lol. I really like him.

"As you come out the Metro at Saint-Germain-des-Près, and someone thrusts the Evening Standard in your face. Think on your sins. The homeless people you ignored. The change you pretended not to have. The friends you betrayed. The enemies you cursed. Your careless fucking, summer sweat and strange skin, holding each other close so the eyes aren’t in focus, slick sliding nails and over too soon. The banknote clenched hard as you snort up £50’s worth of rat poison and laundry detergent. You have lied, cheated, lusted. blasphemed. You have killed. Did you really think we would ever let you leave? Don’t you understand? You’ll never get out of London, not for all eternity. Don’t you know where you are? This is where you belong. You’re in Hell."

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
It's just snark, snark and more snark, and it's not even funny or saying anything new. Like Mr. Agreeable if he'd done philosophy at Warwick.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
philosophy at Warwick.

Or Birkbeck or Goldsmiths or wherever it is the kool kidz gather to deconstruct entrenched Kapitalist realism(s) these days. Probably somewhere in that GREAT SWIRLING BOSCHIAN PHANTASMAGORIC NIGHTMARE VORTEX OF HEAVILY ADULTERATED COCAINE AND PEOPLE CALLED CRESSIDA we all know and love as London, anyway.

luka

I used to make coffee in Islington for a girl named Cressida. She worked for a very prestigious consultancy firm. She would put both the coffee and the black cab that took her to work each morning on expenses. I quite envied that

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I don't believe you, I don't think any real person has ever been called Cressida. Or Rupert or Tarquin, they're just names used by lazy writers taking a shot at people they resent for being richer than they are.

Or if you're not lying, then she was.

droid

Cressida Bonas showcases her edgy style in patterned trousers and hi-top trainers as she mingles with Freddie Fox and Ellie Goulding at VIP album launch party

2A5BB80200000578-0-image-a-7_1436427209528.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...ox-Ellie-Goulding-VIP-album-launch-party.html

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
lol. I really like him.

"As you come out the Metro at Saint-Germain-des-Près, and someone thrusts the Evening Standard in your face. Think on your sins. The homeless people you ignored. The change you pretended not to have. The friends you betrayed. The enemies you cursed. Your careless fucking, summer sweat and strange skin, holding each other close so the eyes aren’t in focus, slick sliding nails and over too soon. The banknote clenched hard as you snort up £50’s worth of rat poison and laundry detergent. You have lied, cheated, lusted. blasphemed. You have killed. Did you really think we would ever let you leave? Don’t you understand? You’ll never get out of London, not for all eternity. Don’t you know where you are? This is where you belong. You’re in Hell."

sounds like a (pretty funny) pisstake of that infamous redrow 'luxury apartments' advert to me

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I don't believe you, I don't think any real person has ever been called Cressida. Or Rupert or Tarquin, they're just names used by lazy writers taking a shot at people they resent for being richer than they are.

Or if you're not lying, then she was.

lots of people called Rupert, including at least one regular poster here...

Tarquin though. That can't be real.

benw

funnily enough i went to school with him. dont really know what to make of the blog. not the first time ive read stuff from it. suppose im sort of split between tea and droid.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Hmm, must have missed that. To me it just reeks of deflected self-loathing.

almost all contempt is redirected shame/self-loathing to be fair... I get annoyed by a lot of it sure, but in this case it amused me rather than annoyed me.

having just read the whole article, i think the point being made (up until the last paragraph, which I do take to be a lunge into parody) is fair too, if not original.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
almost all contempt is redirected shame/self-loathing to be fair...

You see, this is one of those seductive little ideas that sounds like it should be true, but - I think - actually isn't. Maybe in the case of some instances of severe bigotry or prejudice, but not generally. If you find Mumford And Sons contemptible - and I hope it's a safe bet that you do - does that mean you're afraid you might secretly like them? That you recognize something of yourself in who they are and what they stand for? I dunno, maybe you do. I hope not, for your sake!

having just read the whole article, i think the point being made (up until the last paragraph, which I do take to be a lunge into parody) is fair too, if not original.

Hmm, it's actually not as bad as some other stuff on that blog. He (the author could of course be a woman but I'm going out on a limb here and assuming probably not) clearly thinks he's HOT SHIT and almost everyone else - including you, dear reader! in fact especially you - is this pathetic, deluded, stultifying, risibly conformist, gruel-grey automaton. Now arrogance and snobbery, be it ever so over-the-top or misplaced, isn't necessarily a bad thing in writing - I mean, it doesn't stop me enjoying Lovecraft, even if it occasionally makes me wince or laugh at him - but what grates is the apparent conviction that he's some kind of groovy right-on radical. I just want to say, look mate, if intellectual aristo-fascism is your style, then that's fine, just go with it. Just stop pretending to be something you evidently are not.

Edit: and if you're going down that route, you might as well do it properly:

Last edited:

luka

I'm always fascinated by what grinds Mr teas gears. This lad writes a lot like you tea so perhaps baboon is right

luka

I read that today I thought it was fine too
What do you think tea is reacting too DROID?