EBM with a B not EDM with a D

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is hot too :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/P3mlHTF3K5k" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I like this, the general vibe reminds me a lot of Stakker/Humanoid, nahmean?

Edit: I can see the resonance of this with Italo-disco, but that's a genre that's always intimidated me a little. I mean, one does not simply walk into Moroder...

IdleRich

IdleRich
I always like the sound of Powell but I'm yet to be totally convinced. What do you reckon is his best tune?

Immryr

ed dmx has a very ebm-y ep which may be what you're after.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vQ3prbaJBOs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

i also like the v/vm new beat stuff

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PzS-01Suq5c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes he did. Funny if what I'm looking for was right under my nose the whole time. That tune is pretty nice.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
But the third has another thing I was gonna ask about at some point cos I'm a sucker for it, which is vaguely mystical sounding, vaguely Arabic motifs put over the top of new beat type tunes. That would merit a thread in itself.

I think if you would loop some early F242, and then add Arabic lines, and some Kylie vocals, then we would have, like, some form of heaven for a moment

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Kyliegauze242 hotly tipped as *the* pop-dance sensation of 2015 by anonymous internet music mavens, yesterday

IdleRich

IdleRich
I saw that a while back thanks. Interesting list in its own right but not exactly what I'm looking for here.
I think I'm going to put together a mix of the kind of thing I mean so maybe that will clear it up (when I've done it and it's too late).

bruno

est malade
i think you would enjoy kim rapatti/mono junk, he likes his heavy synth/ebm/acid with the occasional weird vocal, for example:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Was checking out Sigue Sigue Sputnik demos the other day, they sound really good. Before they got Moroder in to produce them, funnily, he didn't add anything at all. Just totally relentless, 192bpm. I hadn't realised how good they were. Obviously knew Love Missle but didn't realise the ...effect...over 30 minutes or so.

This tune in particular, obvious about influences etc but just sounds great

Listen to that one then go back and start from the beginning, the last tune is a dog.

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Nice one Bruno - exactly the right sound... though the first tune is, dare I say it, a bit boring. Much prefer the next one and the one after with visuals from Pusher.
Sloane - I know nothing about Sigue Sigue Sputnik - kinda remember the Love Missile with some numbers tune but beyond that... weren't they kinda the next big thing that never happened? I will listen with interest.
The last tune is a dog - is that a good thing or a bad thing?

bruno

est malade
Nice one Bruno - exactly the right sound... though the first tune is, dare I say it, a bit boring.
true, i was looking for something else and put that instead because of the photo.

this sounds like it could fit here (old)

and this is not half bad..

bruno

est malade
wow, that's very good. it's the same spirit if not source (vaguely carpenter/howarth). conny schnitzler also has a ton of stuff that is metronomic/sinister and would fit the theme, perhaps time-stretched.

going back to the original template (abm, etc.) there is a sentimentale jugend/borsig werke track that fits the bill completely but is not on youtube, i've seen it variously as tote kammer and pour mon bibi, neither track on yt is the one i'm thinking of. it's very rhythmic, lasts 1.45 and can be found on the cassetencombinat west berlin comp.

i love this thread by the way, it's good to narrow down.