Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What old music have you been enjoying this year?

try some bill withers.

Blind Lemon Jefferson

The real deal

"One of my favourite pastimes these days is setting myself a writing challenge which forces me to comb exhaustively through the entire discography of artist x or scene/genre y."
    Nice idea. My friend has a weekly show on Resonance and each week the idea is that she show-cases some other aspect of French music (she's French) - but basically she's long since exhausted everything she knows about so each week has to find a new scene or artist or whatever and do enough research to sound convincing on a half hour show. It's a bit of a ball-ache but it does have the effect of meaning she's been forced to learn about loads of stuff. Sounds kinda similar to what you're saying I think.

it will always end up with you hating music if you treat it like homework though

Yeah, this has often been the case for me as a sometime rap music reviewer. Forcing mixtapes down my earthroats, submitting them for instant analysis.

OTOH I get to hear a lot of music I wouldn't otherwise have bothered with.

"it will always end up with you hating music if you treat it like homework though"
    That is the risk - if you wanna go on the radio you can offer her a show and she'll bite your arm off cos she's desperate for ideas.

I don't know anything about french music sadly. I would lover to do radio though. All YouTube radio show

Definitely should do that luka, get on upstream or something.

I heard PTV3 for the first time, in memory (important qualifier) recently, and liked this, in fact think it's brilliant :

recon Bobby Gillespie has seen this

Default when all else fails...

god bless these dirt cheap reggae comps i picked up years ago and have recently been reunited with.

I've got most of them too weirdly... That sizzla reggae max is as good as any of his albums

Weirdly cos I don't collect reggae
    . The only one I didn't get was the u roy

reggae max is amazing, never really bothered checking for any other sizzla stuff strsangely. ive just been content to listen to this a million times. i could never tire of these cds

the main reason ive been listening to these is having the new baby. when i need to need to calm him down i just chuck one of these on, and he calms down instantly. its like magic

Oh did you become a dad Benny? Never realised, big congrats!