What old music have you been enjoying this year?

IdleRich

IdleRich
"it will always end up with you hating music if you treat it like homework though"
That is the risk - if you wanna go on the radio you can offer her a show and she'll bite your arm off cos she's desperate for ideas.

luka

I don't know anything about french music sadly. I would lover to do radio though. All YouTube radio show

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I heard PTV3 for the first time, in memory (important qualifier) recently, and liked this, in fact think it's brilliant :

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/nuDAoBpWYmM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

luka

I've got most of them too weirdly... That sizzla reggae max is as good as any of his albums

Benny Bunter

reggae max is amazing, never really bothered checking for any other sizzla stuff strsangely. ive just been content to listen to this a million times. i could never tire of these cds

the main reason ive been listening to these is having the new baby. when i need to need to calm him down i just chuck one of these on, and he calms down instantly. its like magic

Benny Bunter

3.99 a piece and about a million listens each and counting. Thats good value! when i think of all the money ive wasted on vinyl over the years...

luka

The way I remember it praise ye jah, black woman & child and the reggae max compliation all come out in 97 and they are all equally great. Music club always compiled their releases well and we're always dirt cheap. I do miss the cd buying times

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
There has been a specific summer in which I was dealing with a specific problem and I literally played this song hundreds of time. It was the warmest summer ever.

When he's doing it right his voice is so beautiful.

droid

He had a great run from '97-'2000. The aforementioned + Goodways, Kalonji, royal son, ending with bobo ashanti. His first LP is pretty strong. Tons of great singles too, mostly collected on that reggae max comp.

wise

bare BARE BONES
reggae max is amazing, never really bothered checking for any other sizzla stuff strsangely. ive just been content to listen to this a million times. i could never tire of these cds

the main reason ive been listening to these is having the new baby. when i need to need to calm him down i just chuck one of these on, and he calms down instantly. its like magic

I love Reggae Max, all killer no filler :D
Congrats Benny! welcome to dadhood

Leo

(the bass line sampled for "paid in full")

(this look needs to come back)

(aka Hollywood Beyond)

(Gina X Performance, bass line stolen by the Bollocks Brothers for "The Bunker")

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
'I was driving across the burning desert
When I spotted six jet planes
Leaving six white vapor trails across the bleak terrain'