What old music have you been enjoying this year?

subvert47

I don't fight, I run away
Personally I don't think 2014 has been a great year musically so I've been listening to mostly older stuff. I have 'discovered' PiL and Arthur Russell and have been loving 'em. Also been listening to a lot of stuff by The Fall, Can, Drexciya and DJ Sprinkles

apart from Arthur Russell, that's pretty much my go to playlist right there :D

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is fantastically beautiful. Just one guy's voice and guitar. Vital stuff.

Edit: anyone else mentally preface the phrase 'spiritual jazz' with 'poorly titled'?

Last edited:

firefinga

Dom Angus is currently putting out several tracks on vinyl/digital on his own label which were around on dubplate only around 96/97 ... Some awesome stuff available for the proles for the first time these days :D

martin

----
Been on a Hound Dog Taylor splurge - so named 'cos he was constantly chasing pussy, born with six fingers on one hand (apparently he got drunk one night and sliced the extra digit off with a razorblade, though not sure if that's R'n'R myth), run out of Mississippi by the KKK and washed up in Chicago where he spent a relatively low-key career churning out rough blues sets in dive bars. Could pretty much listen to his 'Live At Florence's' LP on loop all day.