Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ibogaine Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    That's because he ascended to a higher plane and can't be doing with interacting with lowly meatsacks like us. He now spends his days communicating telepathically with the other Illuminated Masters, chatting with zhao about how techno was invented in Sudan 8,000 years ago and exchanging ancient PUA secrets with comelately on how to activate vagina-lasers.
    I had a strong visionary and gnostic awakening regarding the type of people I'd likely find at an ibogaine retreat, and also the food.
    Gone full keto and lifting weights instead.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Tf is 'full keto'?
    It's nature's way of not eating breakfast. Your body's biochemistry flips modes when you remove carbohydrates, it starts burning fat, you lose weight and there may be a range of other benefits. You won't get diabetes. Research on whether it can also prevent cancer, dementia, ageing continues, though largely unfunded as there are no drugs to patent, just massive vested food interests to undermine.

623bc5b979353ddc8345844185773e16.jpg

Back on topic, there's absolutely no research at all, as far as I am aware, on how keto metabolism would affect the experience of tripping. I suspect it might if the brain is relying on a fundamentally different fuel.

How is the atkins diet a substitute for taking drugs?

"Prevents ageing" - that's quite a claim!
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

How is the atkins diet a substitute for taking drugs?
    TBF, a single massive dose of heroin can be quite effective in preventing ageing, too, so they have that in common.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I could have taken one of the most fascinating mind expanding ethnogens on planet earth but instead I cut bread and pasta out my diet

I could have taken one of the most fascinating mind expanding ethnogens on planet earth but instead I cut bread and pasta out my diet
    You're ignoring the fact that he avoided spending several days cloistered away with a bunch of extremely earnest white people with dreadlocks. Overall it's probably for the best.

And now he can't eat cheese on toast

"Prevents ageing" - that's quite a claim!
    Autophagy, dude.
    Also, ageing isn't inevitable, it's programmed. The wear and tear model is wrong. It seems possible to spoof the system in a variety of biochemical ways.

Life and health span can be prolonged by calorie limitation or by pharmacologic agents that mimic the effects of caloric restriction. Both starvation and the genetic inactivation of nutrient signaling converge on the induction of autophagy, a cytoplasmic recycling process that counteracts the age-associated accumulation of damaged organelles and proteins as it improves the metabolic fitness of cells. Here we review experimental findings indicating that inhibition of the major nutrient and growth-related signaling pathways as well as the upregulation of anti-aging pathways mediate life span extension via the induction of autophagy. Furthermore, we discuss mounting evidence suggesting that autophagy is not only necessary but, at least in some cases, also sufficient for increasing longevity.
    Madeo et al, 2015 Journal of Clinical Investigation
    https://www.jci.org/articles/view/73946

OR

"millions now living will never die. nor eat another cheese toastie."

Once I have effective immortality squared away I'll take another look at ibogaine in my retirement.
    Last edited by HMGovt; 05-10-2016 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    "millions now living will never die. nor eat another cheese toastie."
    I know which side of that trade-off I'm on.

I know which side of that trade-off I'm on.
    I really don't miss the bread or pasta. Steak, eggs, cheese, dollops of cream, lamb more than make up for it.
    That carbohydrate shit will put you in an early grave. I'm surprised how many people still don't know this.

Wake up wheatple!

But back to the original THRUST of this thread. I'll let you know how it goes next time I go psychonautical.
    Last edited by HMGovt; 05-10-2016 at 01:27 PM.

my grandmother ate carbs. lived till 93. i have no desire to live that long.

My gran's 93 and she doesn't know what century it is.

HMG, you do know Robert Atkins died at 72, right?

Everyone ate them. Trick is to live long and be healthy until the end, free of dementia, chronic circulatory, respiratory or neurological complaints.
    People in the know are going to stop appreciably ageing and then dying. This will become apparent in the next few decades.
    Basic adjustments to the national diet would eradicate type 2 diabetes, and that kills how many people each year? Devours how many £billions from the NHS budget? And that's before you get to things like high intensity interval training and resistance training. Small prices to pay for staying fit into old, old age.