Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ibogaine Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    My gran's 93 and she doesn't know what century it is.

HMG, you do know Robert Atkins died at 72, right?
    From a blow to the head when he tripped and fell!
    Anyway, ketogenic diet != atkins

just another in a long line of health fads. suprised a hardline rationalist like you would fall for it... youd be better off Fletcherizing

consider the evidence
    “Squatting upon the floor of the room, without any perceptible effort he passed into the hollow of his hand the contents of the rectum,” wrote the anonymous writer’s physician in a letter printed in one of Fletcher’s books. “The excreta were in the form of nearly round balls,” and left no stain on the hand. “There was no more odour to it than there is to a hot biscuit.” So impressive, so clean, was the man’s residue that his physician was inspired to set it aside as a model to aspire to. Fletcher adds in a footnote that “similar [dried] specimens have been kept for five years without change,”

WWIII is about a month from kicking off, so it's a displacement activity really. Everyone needs a hobby in this time of tribulation. Mine just happens to mean I'll be physiologically optimised for cannibalism.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:

that i can understand. in fact thats how ive read the unconscious motivations behind the boom in bodybuilding, fitness and steroid use among the young.

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    that i can understand. in fact thats how ive read the unconscious motivations behind the boom in bodybuilding, fitness and steroid use among the young.
    Totally agree with that reading.

although according to craner it will be WWV. (cold war-war against terror-future war)

although according to craner it will be WWV. (cold war-war against terror-future war)
    You'll know WWIII when you see it. Air raids, sunk fleets, confusion and blackouts. The term has potency that has never been matched by events, so Craner can wheel his gimcrack war back to the whorehouse.

yeah its one of the very stupidest things he beleives.

consider the evidence
    “Squatting upon the floor of the room, without any perceptible effort he passed into the hollow of his hand the contents of the rectum,” wrote the anonymous writer’s physician in a letter printed in one of Fletcher’s books. “The excreta were in the form of nearly round balls,” and left no stain on the hand. “There was no more odour to it than there is to a hot biscuit.” So impressive, so clean, was the man’s residue that his physician was inspired to set it aside as a model to aspire to. Fletcher adds in a footnote that “similar [dried] specimens have been kept for five years without change,”
    The other day I saw a woman walking two dogs, and when one of them stopped and crouched, she stopped behind it and held out her hand to catch what came out of it.

She had one of those little sheets of plastic material over hand, but they're what, a handful of microns thick? Sorry, but no amount of companionship and loyalty can possibly be worth that.

So, er. Yeah. Ibogaine.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

When this thread began it meant nothing to me cos I'd never heard of Ibogaine. But now, the thread has reared its ugly head again and I know what that stuff is - at least I think I do. I'm pretty sure my friend had this as a thing to help him come off heroin - does that sound right? No-one has mentioned that use here but I'm pretty sure that that is what he had; he is kinda famous cos he's in a successful band and they wanted him straight and either the label or the manager or some rich and famous guy (last time he went to rehab it was paid for by a very very famous guy called Sean with a surname that sounds a bit like lemon) associated with the band paid for him to go to Mexico or somesuch and take Ibogaine and spend a couple of days in some retreat as a quick way to come off the smack.
    My understanding is that it worked pretty well, he was clean for a while - then, admittedly, not clean, then clean again - but the point is that in the immediate short term it allowed him to come off the gear without any withdrawal effects (or perhaps it would be fairer to say relatively minor withdrawals for someone who had such a huge habit and then simply stopped) but, in a kind of psychic exchange, he had to spend a day or two tripping out. I seem to remember him saying that the trip was a very introspective one that made him think back over his whole life and kind of evaluate it. At the time I saw him loading up loads and loads of pictures of his childhood and teenage years to facebook, I didn't know then what was going on but speaking to him later when he told me about the whole rehab thing I realised that those pictures were obviously the outward manifestation of the lingering stages of the trip once he'd been allowed out of rehab and back on the internet.

Actually, my girlfriend reckons that he was stuck in hippy-rehab tripping out on Ibogaine for more than two days, she suggests it may have been as long as two weeks.

I should say that I have no idea how the Ibogaine was taken for this cure - whether it was swallowed or otherwise ingested solemnly as part of some shamanistic ceremony or if it was injected by a doctor in a more serious kind of medical way or whatever.

ibogaine is a west african thing but in the exotic circles your mates found himself in it could well be part of an exclusive rehab centre in mexico. what a strange world hes found himself in. they'll get him to do some sort of weird sacrifice soon to initiate him properly i guess.

I've read of people having these incredible allegorical trips, meeting past and future versions of themselves, or encountering representations of different sides of their own personality, all kinds of crazy stuff.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you