podcasts

rubberdingyrapids

what podcasts do people here listen to?
i am trying to get some recommendations for podcasts that will y'know, make me a smarter, better, and generally mroe excellent person for 2015.

glasshand

dj panic attack
thinking allowed on radio 4

Laurie Taylor gets in a few guests to speak about new sociological studies/journal articles. nicely done, makes even what sounds like a boring topic/study sound quite interesting. there's been some gems in there as well like Stuart Hall tribute + separate interview that u can still DL, and one about nottingham council estates. u can subscribe on itunes

Le Show by Harry Shearer

voice of mr burns on the simpsons, in spinal tap etc.. le show is political satire a bit like private eye. basically just involves him reading out a lot of depressing news but some of it's funny cuz it's so hypocritical + ridiculous. there's a feature i like called 'apologies of the week' where he reads out plenty of public persona apologies, lots of 'sorry not sorry' type of things. had a good special called 'torture week' when that report came out. the less interesting shows drag on a bit tho.

http://dietsoap.podomatic.com/

diet soap is a kinda amateur marxist podcast from douglas lain, guy from seattle who writes short fiction n stuff. the odd episode is rubbish but worth giving it a try cuz i've absolutely loved quite a few of them. the ones with economist andrew kliman are insightful. it's fairly accessible too if u don't know much about marx or the philosophers they're talking about. couple shows with mark fisher if u like him, really good one called the imperial risk with margaret kimberley as well.

i listened to justin moorhouse's podcasts for a bit, they were alright for a few laughs but i got tired of them. he basically just goes about doing his job and has chats with random comedians or ppl that he meets. quite funny just cuz he's a likeable guy.

luka

Craner told me Bragg is a massive paedo involved in vup paedo rings with cliff Richard etc

Craner told me Bragg is a massive paedo involved in vup paedo rings with cliff Richard etc

In that case, get the Bragg podcaests while you can.

The Esther Rantzen angle on all that came up over Christmas dinner, thanks Dissensus! I also mentioned the Lilley-Hague-Portillo berber boy rumours, and someone else mentioned Churchill was partial to a visit to Morocco too.

luka

Yeah I read about Churchill being a massive sodomite and a menace to the younger lads at school