...:::::...::Real Hip-Hop:::...::.... 2015

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Didn't ever listen to much Chinx but I liked quite a lot of what I heard by him. Thought of him as a better French Montana than French Montana. R.I.P.

Right now a couple of Fatty Wap hooks are running my musical world.

luka

Some of the young thug leaks I've heard are very lovely it's worth grabbing a bunch I think

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah the Young Thug leaks are great, must be pretty devastating to him to have all that top quality material leaking for free though :eek:

luka

The guardian website is so huge there are articles about everything but you'd never know unless you really root around. They'll publish any old shit. I just read an article by an HHC alumni Angus Batey about canibus and how he's the best rapper alive and his dad played test cricket for the west indies and scored a century against Australia on debut

rubberdingyrapids

guardian just publishes anything that will get a few extra clicks
you should check the long pieces on classic rap albums angus batey writes for the quietus (ready to die, me against the world, return of the boom bap, doggstyle - that one is funny as it hasnt forgotten those old 1990s biases and battles and picks apart snoops lyrics. the krs one is good too as he gets really rapturous about him, calling him clairvoyant)

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Some of the young thug leaks I've heard are very lovely it's worth grabbing a bunch I think

i like 'boy', 'iowa', 'here', 'mine', not too hot on the rest unless anyone really argues a case. beats are second rate, and really lil jon type dated at points.
just feels they were leaked to dilute the Barter thing, which is still incredible. I think I'll just go back to that.

luka

loads more good ones than that dont think i want to 'build a case'though.
udigg is playing now. got a rza plink plonk piano on it.

luka

The film follows the story of a female rapper (played by Azalea Banks) who develops a passion for slam poetry after enrolling in a course at college. Jill Scott plays a professor who believes that rapping and slam poetry cannot co-exist whilst Common plays a mentor figure.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
reminds me of that bit in Lolita where he talks about how he wants to eat his pubescent paramour's innards

Benny Bunter

certainly a step up from drinking someone's bath water...

edit: oh wait, maybe he said 'I won't', not 'I want it'.