Caribou's 1000 track mix on YouTube

Woebot

well - you know me for a terrible music snob - but credit where credit is due

the man caribou/manitoba - i don't have any of his records bar a remix he did of the junior boys at nick K's behest (may god rest his soul)

but i've seen he's a pretty good DJ

and if you have time on your hands you should check this out - basically it is an act of generosity IMHO

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
the Hip-Hop stuff is all quite obvious as you say

Superthug
Numbers On the Boards
Come Clean
What We Do

OTOH its also all good and for those that don't know much hip-hop it might be an ear opener.

luka

Any 1000 songs with no formatting will be like an ipood on shuffle what's your problem? Always finding fault even with a generous gesture for the fans
He spent hours on that.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Any 1000 songs with no formatting will be like an ipood on shuffle what's your problem? Always finding fault even with a generous gesture for the fans
He spent hours on that.

LUKA2 is right LUKA1 you are being a bit of a prick.

Woebot

:rolleyes:

honestly! at the risk of making it appear like i've been successfully trolled.

there's masses of good stuff in there. and many things i haven't heard before. you want a percentage figure of what i've heard before? can i convert that percentage into a hipster quotient that will get me a discount at Tesco?

if you can disable your pride for...ooh five seconds....think of it another way. anyone's selection of a 1000 tracks they thought were great would contain stuff that you hadn't heard before. it's just inevitable.

Woebot

here's an example of something i hadn't heard that's nice.

never heard anything by phillipe besombes before in fact. to be honest it's OK.

luka

I agree with you two I was being kneejerk dismissive. Ridiculous behaviour

Last edited:

IdleRich

IdleRich
Philip Besombes did the Libra soundtrack I think - that's pretty well-known. Otherwise did some pretty decent libraries.

Every music website I look at has picked up this mix/playlist thing... and every second comment has been "well, listing 1000 songs aint that difficult".