Caribou's 1000 track mix on YouTube

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
1000 tracks is a bit much. What's he trying to hide?

Better to construct a 10 track playlist of unimpeachable elegance.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I love this track

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OUFQbc5ymrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've started my first 1000 song playlist. It's 100% bait anthems so far.

If you'd like to follow my progress through the annals of unimpeachable music (musical MARBLE, if you will) that's the link.

This is quite hard actually I'm jumping all over the place. You could stick it on shuffle and the tone would deviate wildly. :(

UPDATE: I'm gonna just lay down the foundations in one big splurge and worry about track ordering later. Thanks for sticking with me through this tough ordeal.

Last edited:

droid

:rolleyes:

honestly! at the risk of making it appear like i've been successfully trolled.

there's masses of good stuff in there. and many things i haven't heard before. you want a percentage figure of what i've heard before? can i convert that percentage into a hipster quotient that will get me a discount at Tesco?

if you can disable your pride for...ooh five seconds....think of it another way. anyone's selection of a 1000 tracks they thought were great would contain stuff that you hadn't heard before. it's just inevitable.

Pride!! Ha! What a ludicrous concept.

Im sure there's loads of good stuff there, wasnt trying to be dismissive, simply saw '1000 track mix' and thought 'wow, and then went 'ah'.

I blame you for bad expectation management.

luka

it does take a long time. ive got 397 so far so not even half way. its quite late at night now.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
it does take a long time. ive got 397 so far so not even half way. its quite late at night now.

This is a real humbling process for we who doubted Caribou.

I didn't start with a theme so now I'm just chucking in every tune I ever five starred on iTunes. I reckon you could easily do a 1000 track rap only playlist, could be a fairly comprehensive short history of the genre, too. Dunno whether just to plough on now :'(

Woebot

Pride!! Ha! What a ludicrous concept.

Im sure there's loads of good stuff there, wasnt trying to be dismissive, simply saw '1000 track mix' and thought 'wow, and then went 'ah'.

I blame you for bad expectation management.

hm. yes i wasn't actually talking to you old chap. though of course you're correct.

xxx

luka

i cant speak highly enough of my one. i really need to get it out to the children so they get a proper education. caribous one is a great effort but it is the work of a dilletante. skimming the surface of every genre ever cherry picking the hits. ipod on shuffle.

i focus on the essential genres. the proud tradition of london dance music and the music which feeds it ie rap, r&b, dancehall.

no trendy music. like i do jungle but if it could have got played at speed or metalheads i dont include it. no dubstep. no dubstep diaspora. no fleetwood mac.

proper music only to educate the youth. please show this playlist to your little niece, your nephew, your children.

luka

the best thing is no one can do this again. ive made it impossible lol.

you can just discuss it like,maybe he should have swapped that song for this song what do you think?

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
My one is very much a cherry-picker. I'm in favour of picking cherries, though. Perhaps it is simply laziness that makes me gravitate more and more towards ''anthems'' the older I get. It's like, I COULD pick five or six other tunes by Smif N Wessun than ''Bucktown'', but is "Bucktown" not the best?

Anyway, I'm going to just keep building this playlist now for my own personal amusement, it has failed as a challenge to Caribou/Luka. Then I'm going to get on my nerd shit and really upstage the both of youse. I'm going to crush the buildings on some Snoop shit.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was kind of sceptical about my own list but just now on shuffle it played

Love Comes Down
She Lives In My Lap
Footsteps On The Dancefloor
Let's Stay Together
Baby Be Mine

What TASTE. What DISCRIMINATION.