Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My 1001 song playlist. Just for you London (and surrounding counties)

Default My 1001 song playlist. Just for you London (and surrounding counties)

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Vwveu9Dt1EQyDD

a 1000 +1 song playlist centred around London and it's musical culture including, right at the end, important and righteous documents concerning the birth of a distinctive UK MC culture with its roots in soundsystems like Saxon, Unity and Sir Coxsone and flowering throughout the 90s and 00s with London heros, warriors, poets and saints such as Ragga Twins, Navigator, Det, 5-0, Remadee, Stevie Hyper D, Shabba D, Skibadee, Rodney P, Creed, PSG, Tek, Preshus, Mighty Moe, Bushkin, So Solid Crew, Pay As You Go Kartel, Roll Deep, More Fire Crew, Nasty Crew and many many more. Please remember this playlist is for purposes of EDUTAINMENT. Educate and Entertain yourself and most importantly, Teach the Children.
    Last edited by luka; 22-01-2015 at 10:13 PM.

London
    Usher, Mariah Carey, Ne-yo, Capleton, Eminem, Fat boys, BONE THUGS IN HARMONY!

just play it to your children every day and give them a good start in life

its not just tunes made in london its tunes that were played on pirate radio a lot in london. (plus a lot of hiphop, which made its presence felt in other ways) pirate was not just jungle it was reggae, dancehall, r&b and rare groove too. so that all features.

junior dangerous tweeted my playlist but he wouldnt tweet droids if droid done one. he would think it was shit.

droid would run out of tunes and start filling it up with eric clapton and other bands like the bluesbreakers and the yardbirds

what rare groove have you got in there luka/

what was yoru process for making this? did you write them all down or just type shit into youtube? really impressive!

used itunes a lot plus then youtube makes useful suggestions, tunes youd forgotten about etc. i was going to write things down until i realised how long that would take. also i wanted to finish before corpsey done his one lol the end bit is stuff id been looking into recently anyway early UKdancehall stuff. also over the years ive made lots of huge lists of tunes i like and posted them on dissensus so i was able to remind myself of what i like that way

I'm excited.

One question - should I put this in shuffle mode, or is there a grand narrative?

From Coca Cola Bottle Shape > Red Light. A highly effective transition.