My 1001 song playlist. Just for you London (and surrounding counties)

luka

a 1000 +1 song playlist centred around London and it's musical culture including, right at the end, important and righteous documents concerning the birth of a distinctive UK MC culture with its roots in soundsystems like Saxon, Unity and Sir Coxsone and flowering throughout the 90s and 00s with London heros, warriors, poets and saints such as Ragga Twins, Navigator, Det, 5-0, Remadee, Stevie Hyper D, Shabba D, Skibadee, Rodney P, Creed, PSG, Tek, Preshus, Mighty Moe, Bushkin, So Solid Crew, Pay As You Go Kartel, Roll Deep, More Fire Crew, Nasty Crew and many many more. Please remember this playlist is for purposes of EDUTAINMENT. Educate and Entertain yourself and most importantly, Teach the Children.

Last edited:

luka

its not just tunes made in london its tunes that were played on pirate radio a lot in london. (plus a lot of hiphop, which made its presence felt in other ways) pirate was not just jungle it was reggae, dancehall, r&b and rare groove too. so that all features.

luka

junior dangerous tweeted my playlist but he wouldnt tweet droids if droid done one. he would think it was shit.

luka

droid would run out of tunes and start filling it up with eric clapton and other bands like the bluesbreakers and the yardbirds

dert

what was yoru process for making this? did you write them all down or just type shit into youtube? really impressive!

luka

used itunes a lot plus then youtube makes useful suggestions, tunes youd forgotten about etc. i was going to write things down until i realised how long that would take. also i wanted to finish before corpsey done his one lol the end bit is stuff id been looking into recently anyway early UKdancehall stuff. also over the years ive made lots of huge lists of tunes i like and posted them on dissensus so i was able to remind myself of what i like that way

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
obama-sweating.jpg

I'm excited.

luka

There's carefully crafted segues the only way it can be listened to is in order and in full without interuption. I need everyone to commit to that. It's like lord of the rings.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
As if I couldn't be any more on board, you pull the LOTR reference.

1276705108_lord_of_the_rings_vuvuzela.gif

You know when you see a UFC fighter being interviewed and they've got a voice like a Library assistant and you wish they sounded like a beast? Method Man is what they should sound like.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Had a flick through and this is epic. Just the education that the children need.

Two Bobby V tunes there and all- attention to detail. Loving the 2 Live Crew electro track, that's a new one on me

luka

Obviously youtube being what it is this won't last long, videos will start going missing any minute now