Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: CONDIMENTS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    On a serious note, anyone ever tried mojo ("mohho") sauce?

I've only ever seen it in the Canaries. Traditionally served with spuds that have been par-boiled in seawater and then baked, thereby acquiring a lovely crust of salt crystals, which gives the skins a nice crispy texture. The sauce itself is, as far as I can tell, mostly chili and garlic - not hugely sophisticated, but why mess with a winning formula? Well there's paprika, cumin and a few other things apparently, but it's the local chili varieties that really make it. Great stuff.
    i posted a bottle of mojo picon upthread! its very popular here in seville and andalucia in general i think, served with pork/chicken and potatoes. i love it but it tends to repeat on me unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by Benny B View Post
    i posted a bottle of mojo picon upthread! its very popular here in seville and andalucia in general i think, served with pork/chicken and potatoes. i love it but it tends to repeat on me unfortunately...
    Sorry Benny! I haven't yet taken the time to read the whole thread. Which is a bit poor really, considering it's mostly photos of sauce bottles...
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Surprised to see such a canonical, dare I say rockist, assortment of condiments from luka.

I fucking love the Mr Naga chili sauce, as posted by nomos. There's at least one variety (the standard one?) that has mint in it. Mint, chili and tomatoes - amazing combination. Not seen it outside of the Bangladeshi-run greengrocer's shops on Roman Road but there's a shop on Cowley Road in Oxford that might have it, will have to look next time I'm there.

The bottle of Indonesian kecap reminded me of when I lived in Holland and took my girlfriend to this great Javanese place near my flat. She looked horrified when I asked the waitress for some "ketchup"/kecap - she thought I meant the sweet red stuff from Heinz. Mild mockery followed.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 26-02-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by slowtrain View Post
    and a big FUCK OFF!!! to all sweet chilli sauces, that stuff is so terrible, too sweet, terrible texture, no heat, just bad all around.
    sweet chili sauces are good for coating fried wings with, besides that, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    I like the American style of cuisine where you mix a lot of processed food products together to make something new like this mix of heinz ketchup, French's mustard, hellmans mayonnaise, pickle juice and a pinch of paprika http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...Sauce-51261820
    on a major label condiment thing, the heinz peri peri sauce is heavenly on eggs:

Belgian condiment game:

Samourai is the best.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Slothrop For This Useful Post:

i really really really like those kind of places. there is one in brighton ive been too. i really like curry ones and i really like blue cheese ones.

there's one in wood green now, always got a queue, no idea why just for overpriced chips