Post Hop

CrowleyHead

... Is this a conspiracy to drive me into a nervous breakdown? "Finally, we'll rid ourselves of the American with blatant entry-levelism that his shallow pretentiousness can't let slide off his back."

Yung Lean isn't post-rap, its a very untalented Swede doing a grotesque of rap over 'experimental' (See: Inane and under-baked pastiche) production.

Rappers have been crying since like... 1985. What the fuck is "I Need Love" or "Teenage Love"?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
im thinking some weird mix of what ppl normally call alternative/underground hip hop (louis logic, blu) and this new internet hip hop kind of stuff (lil b, goth money)

but if young thug is involved i guess what ppl mean is biting everyones style into one accessible amorphous blob and passing it off as original cause it appeals to "everyone"

includes poor rap skills, poor "catchy" singing skills, questionable behaviors/subject matter and a strong internet presence and or following

I only wrote "post hop" cos I was drunk and couldn't think of a thread title. I just kinda liked what Manga's doing and thought if I did a thread called "manga" no-one would look at it.

Patrick Swayze

I'm trying to shut up
There's some MCs who nobody really rates apart from other MCs and Manga's one of those. So maybe there's something to be appreciated in his craft that I don't see.