Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamonds and Pearls (1991)

• Love Symbol Album (1992)

• Total voters

droid

Yeah I saw someone in guardian comments thread link to That quite mental

"And then that whole thing with the guitar going up in the air. I didn’t even see who caught it. I just saw it go up, and I was astonished that it didn’t come back down again. Everybody wonders where that guitar went, and I gotta tell you, I was on the stage, and I wonder where it went, too."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/28/arts/music/prince-guitar-rock-hall-of-fame.html?_r=0

I'm still trying to figure this out - maybe some kind of hook attached to the back of the strap that yanked it above the stage after he threw it?

CrowleyHead

proof?

this is maybe the best prince docu - i highly recommend it. from bbc omnibus in the 90s.

Yeah my father had this on VHS. I think he digitized it but I can't remember.

Also as far as the Green World quote, it comes from Eno.

http://pitchfork.com/features/interview/7723-brian-eno/

Brian Eno said:
For instance, some quite odd people have said, either in interviews or directly to me, that they were influenced by me. Prince, for example, said Another Green World was a very important record for him, apparently, in an interview. I've never met him, so I don't have this from his own mouth, but it was in an interview.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

just watched the SOTT movie for the first time and it is mindblowing, basically a whole string of 'how the fuck did he do that' moments. I like it better than the actual album.

craner

Beast of Burden
I remember watching that SOTT film years ago and if memory serves 'Housequake' was particularly brilliant, but I can't remember why.

craner

Beast of Burden
I think people are pretty hard on the Batman soundtrack, though. But maybe that's because it was the second album I ever brought after Poison 'Flesh & Blood', a ten year old with scarce pocket money.

luka

Two words for the DEA investigating where prince got his drugs over the decades.... Arsenio Hall (AKA Prince's and Eddie Murphy's bitch) Anyone imagining prince was not a long time hard drug user is living in cloud cuckoo land. Arsenio I've reported you to the Carver County Sherrif's office. Expect their call. They are aware you spiked me years ago at Eddie murphy's house. You best get tidying your man cave.

jorge

anyone at fabric for ricardo villalobos the other week? He kept teasing in what I'm sure is a prince tune, Im really struggling to find which 1 it was though, I would have thought it was controversy era but can't seem to track it down, its kind of mysterious sounding, right tempo to mix with house, sparse arrangement, vague i know but any ideas?

Benny Bunter

I remember watching that SOTT film years ago and if memory serves 'Housequake' was particularly brilliant, but I can't remember why.

All the live versions of housequake ive seen are better than the album version.

Not on the movie, but strange relationship is another great SOTT track that grows muscles live, taking on a monstrous 'superstitious' -like groove that the original lacks a bit (maybe partly cos of the crappy mastering on that album?)

craner

Beast of Burden
'1999' is a favorite. Too long, but I do love over ambitious albums even if they do contain filler, partly why I always defended 'Wu Tang Forever'. I always loved the hidden gems on that album: 'All the Critics Love You...', 'Lady Cab Driver', 'Something in the Water (Does not Compute)', 'International Lover'...

droid

I never knew Tom Waits was a fan.

“Prince is really state of the art and he still kicks my ass,” Waits told Musician ’s Mark Rowland. “Prince is rare, a rare exotic bird . . . To be that popular and that uncompromising, it’s like Superman walking through a wall.”