Jazz Wrestling

Leo

what was this even about? maybe I posted an image or link that disappeared, have no recall.

CrowleyHead

Can you tackle it? There's weird fertility to this concept, not to sound like a phony Luka rn. Stare at it like the rorschach and just see if you can make sense of what it could've meant.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
not nearly enough wrestling threads on this forum

Friend of mine years ago had a sort of grand unifying wrestling theory which posited that everything is becoming pro wrestling.

Was somewhat prophetic, in the light of the Trump presidency.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Jazz like wrestling - a performance art which is based on rigid underlying structures but which nonetheless involves a lot of improvisation.

Also aren't a lot of jazz musicians fucked up drug addicts and suicides, ala wrestling?

version

Friend of mine years ago had a sort of grand unifying wrestling theory which posited that everything is becoming pro wrestling.

Was somewhat prophetic, in the light of the Trump presidency.

Last edited:

zhao

there are no accidents
Is anything else from Keith Jarrett worth listening to besides the Köln and Paris concerts? Or is the rest a bunch of eager-beaver bop in the 60s and directionless noodly math-prog in the 70s

Leo

Jazz like wrestling - a performance art which is based on rigid underlying structures but which nonetheless involves a lot of improvisation.

college or olympic wrestling, yes. BUT professional wrestling is entirely staged, pre-determined. they work hard and sweat a lot but it's totally fake. there's jazz like that too.