datwun

Born and raised yo.

Fully aware that London's going in a terrible direction - more broadly with the lack of anywhere to live and everything costing way too fucking much and specifically with clubs and licensing and all the terrible young people moving in from the nice parts of Manchester. But there's nothing like living in a city with 3 times the population of London and a night life about 5% the size + with no/overly expensive drugs to make you realise how insanely good you guyz have it

luka

"more boozy than druggy": maybe part of why I like it a lot?
― Jordi La Sarge (The Reverend), Sunday, 15 March 2009 23:48 (6 years ago) Permalink

the funky/champagne connection is as strong as any music/drug relationship there's ever been. bubbly bubbly, so damn bubbly
― lex pretend, Sunday, 15 March 2009 23:55 (6 years ago) Permalink

champagne seemed to be "drug" of choice for UKG during that speed->2 step transitional period '97'98 too
― Hard House SugBanton (blueski), Sunday, 15 March 2009 23:58 (6 years ago) Permalink

It's funny, because I've been thinking the exact opposite about the this music, that it brings overtly druggy elements back into the continuum. Certainly a lot of the afterparties I was going to two of three years ago were highly drug fuelled, and the audiences and music being played were directly related to the more 'concrete' scene that exists know.
― Ach!, Monday, 16 March 2009 22:07 (6 years ago) Permalink

i was THEEERRE
― Jordi La Sarge (The Reverend), Monday, 16 March 2009 22:13 (6 years ago) Permalink

Simply an observation of drug use, still relevant. I give up here now.
― Ach!, Tuesday, 17 March 2009 02:29 (6 years ago) Permalink

luka

Ach! Is one of our own, and this really sums up the differences between the two boards

luka

Ilm posters can make a mean word salad but interrupt their blue skies thinking with actual facts and they're quick to close ranks

luka

I think that's reflected in the amount of DJs and producers who have passed thru the dissensus school (as opposed to journalists/critics)
Even if once they've made a name for themselves they stop posting! Cover those tracks lads lol!

luka

The only people who have really got clowned are martin clarke, Joe muggs and tom lea, which I think is telling.

datwun

very pompous at times, and quite self important.
― blahbarian, Friday, April 1, 2005 12:31 PM (10 years ago) Bookmark Flag Post Permalink

It's cause we're all really important

Numbers

people who like music vs people who like themselves

Such observations are probably coloured by experiences here or elsewhere, but I refuse to belief being an ass is a formal requirement for writing something about music that transcends the laziness of most music journalists.

luka

Tbf I actually think he's a bulwark against stupidity, but yes, very, very funny

luka

You're not entering into the spirit of this thread benny.
We're fostering a siege mentality