Semi hip 40 year old takes his book collection to the charity shop...

Leo

i was going to say "the street of crocodiles" that he got as a companion to his brothers quay DVD set, but that might be a little too hip for a semi-hip guy.

perhaps some nicholson baker. and paul bowles "the sheltering sky".

woops

is not like other people
I think the difference between this thread and the CD collection one is that there is some good stuff in here whereas the CD are all shit

hucks

Your Message Here
I think the difference between this thread and the CD collection one is that there is some good stuff in here whereas the CD are all shit

Ha, well I've got loads of both of them but I feel less attached to the books so... I've some idea what records an actually hip 40 year old would own, no idea on the books at all.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But back to books:

some Bill Bryson

The Idler Book of Crap Towns

books of cartoons - Steve Bell/David Shrigley/Matt Groening, including those ones featuring the weird one-eared rabbit creature and the two little guys in fezes

Schott's Miscellany/Almanac

Eats Shoots And Leaves

benjybars

village elder.
I'm thinking probably a Slavoj Žižek that he's never read.

Possibly a copy of Edward Said's Orientalism too. Also unread.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I'm thinking probably a Slavoj Žižek that he's never read.

Possibly a copy of Edward Said's Orientalism too. Also unread.

I was wondering if he might have something on Zero Books, maybe one of Owen Hatherly's ones on architecture and urban spaces.

I think he may have at least some of A Game Of Thrones, A Clash Of Bastards, A Rape Of Rapes, A Lot Of Murders or whatever they're all called.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's funny how some books are/were 'hip'.

The books that they used to sell in HMV and Virgin Records and now sell in Fopp.