luka

one of the trolling things i do on youtube is to go to canonical dubstep tunes and write under them
'the Brits claim they 'invented' dubstep but it took Skrilliex to make it awesome"

What's your top five Skrillex tunes?

I don't know.

What are YOUR top 5 skrillex tunes?

OOOOOooooh. BURN.
source.gif

sus

there are 2 kinds of people

people who shit on elon musk "muh science, nothing works"

people who are invested in Tesla and have made returns 20-30x what they put in

sus

at this point, the man has the most impressive corporate track record in the world, rivaled only by Bezos

continue to heckle at your own financial loss

version

I have no idea who this person is btw
He's a nutter.

David Vaughan Icke (/ˈdeɪvɪd vɔːn aɪk/; born 29 April 1952) is an English conspiracy theorist,[1][3][4][5] and a former footballer and sports broadcaster.[6] Icke has written more than 20 books and has lectured in over 25 countries.[7]:75[8]:121

In 1990, while spokesman for the Green Party, he visited a psychic who he said told him he had been placed on earth for a purpose and would begin to receive messages from the spirit world.[9]:103 These events led him to announce the following year that he was a "Son of the Godhead"[6] and that the world would soon be devastated by tidal waves and earthquakes, a prediction he repeated on the BBC's primetime show Wogan.[10]:192–194[11] Icke's appearance on the show led to public ridicule in the United Kingdom.[12]

Over the next 11 years Icke wrote The Robots' Rebellion (1994), And the Truth Shall Set You Free (1995), The Biggest Secret (1999), and Children of the Matrix (2001), in which he developed his worldview of New Age conspiracism.[9]:103 His endorsement of the antisemitic forgery The Protocols of the Elders of Zion in The Robots' Rebellion and And the Truth Shall Set You Free led his publisher to refuse to publish his books, which were self-published thereafter.[13]

Icke believes that the universe is made up of "vibrational" energy and consists of an infinite number of dimensions that share the same space.[14][15][16]:26–27 He claims that an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings called the Archons (or Anunnaki) have hijacked the earth, and that a genetically modified human–Archon hybrid race of shape-shifting reptilians known as the Babylonian Brotherhood, the Illuminati, or the "elite", manipulate global events to help keep humans in constant fear. Thus, the Archons can feed off the "negative energy" this creates.[14][7]:82[16]:19–25, 40[17]

He claims many prominent public figures belong to the Babylonian Brotherhood and are propelling humanity toward an Orwellian global fascist state, or New World Order, a post-truth era where freedom of speech is ended.[9]:103[14][18][19] Icke believes that the only way this "Archontic" influence can be defeated is if people wake up to the truth and fill their hearts with love.[14]

Critics have accused Icke of being antisemitic and a Holocaust denier with his theories about reptilians serving as a deliberate "code".[20][21][22] Icke denies these claims.[23]

Reactions: sus

luka

at this point, the man has the most impressive corporate track record in the world, rivaled only by Bezos

continue to heckle at your own financial loss

This is not a sentiment that is going to resonate with many people here I wouldn't think and it certainly doesn't resonate with me but it does make me rememeber living in Sydney and how people there read the Business pages the way we read the sports pages. Everyone invests. Everyone follows the market. I assume America is similar. Far more familiarity and comfort with capitalism. No sense that money and an interest in money is vulgar.

luka

There's still a real squeamishness here about money. It's like how John Ruskin was aghast at the sight of pubic hair. That's how we are about money, myself very much included.

craner

Beast of Burden
It's considered bad manners to ask somebody about their personal finances and if somebody starts talking about it it's bad manners to respond.

luka

I've talked on here before, loads, about this American tendency to elevate business leaders to culture heroes. Steve Jobs occupies the same position as Elvis Presley. There's a hero worship there. Again seems strange and disturbing to European sensibilities.