Kale

Woebot

fuck this hipster shit

surely in the annals of the fall of rome it was inscribed that the romans were eating kale

it's food for animals people - it's not meant to be eaten by human beings.

you

it is full of nutrients and natural vitality
#eatclean #liveclean #wellness #vitality

you

I quite like paying more for the off-cuts of happily dead animals in gentrified hotspots, nose to tail eating.... the sous vide pigs ear at XX&%&^X%* is unbelievable. Their organic greens are exceptional too... stem munching and stalk crunching through the gritty uncooked raw vegetation swimming in olive oil. LOL the bloke next to me wanted fillet steak au piovre and souffle like it was 1979? Thankfully the maitre d intervened and suggested that if he wanted more refined food, food with more effort or more costly ingredients, then perhaps he should try Tesco....he soon settled for the Chef's special - "Two tails and Greens" - you get a raw pigs tail and a battered plaice tail on a bed of rotted cabbage with a sage infused tuile and white wine foam. It looked unbelievable.

• Haha
Reactions: sus

Leo

my mom used to make portuguese kale soup when we were kids, kale/potato/chorico. i always chuckle to myself when thinking about the current craze because we always thought of it as peasant food, a cheap way for my parent to feed a family of five.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Just came back from holiday in Los Angeles and it seems to be even more ubiquitous there than in the UK (along the same lines, LA seems to be a great city for vegan food). Kale smoothie to start off the day, anyone? I quite like it myself, and @Leo caldo verde (sp?) is excellent winter food.

luka

Craft beer, 'third wave' coffee, brunch, breakfast salad, juice bars, Smoothies, supermarket size greengrocer/delis, the integration of East and south east Asian ingredients or dishes sushi etc, avocado on toast, basically they invent everything and we are 10 years behind

luka

Then some dom or jez goes travelling, picks up on the ideas and brings them back to London but without the breezy, casual atmosphere, the good looking people, the sunshine, the great local produce... And it feels wrong, elitist even

luka

Essentially though I'm never eating anything cabbage like and that goes double for kale

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
kale-smoothie.jpg

it's good for you

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
Kale chips are nice but they're not chips. They're essentially deep fried crispy seaweed without the frying.

Shit name. Kale chips. Fuckssake.

slowtrain

It's fine, but all leafy greens are pretty much interchangeable tho right?

Kale = Spinach = Beet Greens = Cavolo Nero = Silverbeet = whatever