Teeth Dread

I'm like hmg in that I haven't gone dentist in 20 years. I'd be too scared to now. Anything could have happened in there. I've got three milk teeth still.

Ask for the good drugs to smooth it all out. They must be good as they're over £100/shot. Not being present when they're wrenching, drilling, heaving and hammering is recommended. Had to laugh through broken teeth when I saw what was clearly a boot print on the side of my face after the extraction appointment.

Last edited:
(which is why dentists take great pleasure extracting our teeth)

This is interesting. Do they? I can see how they might. It must be like the joy of sliding out a splinter. I remember having a sliver of metal barely poking out of one finger after working on a bike. There was less than a millimetre showing yet when it touched something it sparked pain deep in the marrow. I had to use a magnifying glass on a retort and tweezers to twist and pull it out. That is was in fact larger than expected was hugely satisfying, like a 7-note fart.

griftert

Do people regularly go to the hygienist? I had never seen the point in this seeing as a scale and polish at the dentist never seems to do anything in particular but apparently this is like really important for gums and oral hygiene and the type of cleaning you get is totally different from a dentist. I had no idea.

luka

I'm like hmg in that I haven't gone dentist in 20 years. I'd be too scared to now. Anything could have happened in there. I've got three milk teeth still.

i went. they were fine. still no fillings. genes of a young god. dont go dentist too much. they wear yr teeth out deliberately

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah, but how are your gums? As I discovered, your teeth can be marvellous, like our shining pearls, while the gums go on their merry way to oblivion.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm in agony. I can barely eat. Turns out my teeth are still healthy and robust, but I have an impacting wisdom tooth on the upper right side.

Building up for the deadly extraction operation. Hopefully I will survive.

Why that tooth take until I was 40 until is started fucking around?

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm still with the same extortionate dentist mind because of my paranoia about changing dentists so this extraction will probably cost me £1000.

I'm in such pain though even booze can't numb it.

craner

Beast of Burden
Also the breaks have gone on my car and my kitchen leak is getting worse, so I won't be going on holiday for a while #£££

vimothy

yurp
I'm in agony. I can barely eat. Turns out my teeth are still healthy and robust, but I have an impacting wisdom tooth on the upper right side.

Building up for the deadly extraction operation. Hopefully I will survive.

Why that tooth take until I was 40 until is started fucking around?

I've had one of them. months of terrible pain while I waited for an appointment. at its worst, I used to nip out of the office, hide under the stairs and literally roll around on the floor in agony.

droid

The worst thing about an extraction is that you are left with little shards of tooth and cartilage that slowly work their way out of your raw and bloody gums in the days and weeks afterwards.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Hope you're surviving the pain OK, Craner.

I had a wisdom tooth infection two weeks ago. I forgot that anything physical could hurt that much. I now know exactly how many minutes painkillers take to kick in.

luka

you lot are gleefully enjoying this. poor old craner. ive still got milk teeth so i doubt i'll be getting wisdoms any time soon.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've had all my wisdom teeth out already. My teeth were an absolute trainwreck until last year when I had about 4 or 5 fillings/root canals/extractions, etc.

One of the wisdom teeth extractions really took me out for a day or two afterwards. But I get the feeling that the others weren't THAT bad.

version

Fine, but I worry about them a lot. I look at them up close in the mirror every day to see if they've receded.