The droned and the saved

droid

He's my partner on the fart powered drone pants. Threatened to sue me (again) as he claims to have originated the concept with that very post.

cwmbran-city

intriguing read

any possibility of a copy of this mix for offline mountain exploring? altitude & electronics are symbiotic in pushing thru pain barriers

no worries or obligations, had a blast "consuming" its glory

droid

No problem at all.

If you want any of the others just shout. I found the most recent one good for forest wandering.

Last edited:

cwmbran-city

No problem at all.

If you want any of the others just shout. I found the most recent one good for forest wandering.

maaaaaaan, muchos appreciados,

an outstanding mix, fkn rare for such an extensive range of sounds blended so well & all programmed together so it almost glides

reconstructed lower limbs n pelvis after a car wreck mean hill & mountain walking is still Dethklok brutal 3&half years on, but have found if theres a quality audio interface the pain is a lot easier to negotiate w/out recourse to the few heavy-duty pain killers obtained via the NHS

what good is natural high if u sprinkle morphine all over it

ta ver' much ;)

droid

Ouch! Very sorry to hear that, hope you find some long term relief. Walking should help - despite the pain?

Thanks for the kind words. That was the last mix we did using our old system - 6 decks, extensive palette of tunes, minimal effects and a lot of concentration.

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
a few drones I've recently enjoyed, for the dronessenus massive

I had forgotten how awesome this was

Last edited:

droid

Thanks for those - the Babalon was new to me - some kind of Alec Empire related spin off?

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
some kind of Alec Empire related spin off?

no. DHR mainstay in its prime ca. 95-97 but before that a separate, parallel operator with his own label. interesting dude, v much at the nexus of early breakcore, (but still close enough to jungle) and the emergence of "dark ambient" as genre/aesthetic, but totally sui generis, he prefigures so many current recent big things - Blackest Ever Black, Demdike Stare, etc. and then he disappeared for like a decade + became a mysterious, obscure minor legend (which fits his work perfectly). so his LP is a total weird touchstone record, so relentlessly austere. that and the other long drone/ambient track are definitely its high points but there is one absolutely smoking dark ambient jungle opus that I will put up in the jungle thread cos you need to hear it.

john eden

male pale and stale
Should I see Zoviet France and Roy Geesin or will it be boring?

Also, I met that Christoph De Babalon once and he was cool. I think I gave him an Association of Autonomous Astronauts slipmatt.