REWRITE the school CURRICULUM

luka

A field guide to all the people and institutions that are gunna try and fuck you over in life

Woebot

- What food to eat and how much.

- How to get a good nights sleep.

- Avoid boredom without destroying your body.

- Why social media sucks balls.

Leo

Forget about wasting time at college to get a boring white-collar office job. Instead, be an electrician or plumber. Those guys charge an arm-and-leg around here and all you have to be is somewhat good/reliable and you'll always be busy.

OK, maybe not a plumber, who sometimes have to deal with gross clogged toilets, etc.

jenks

thread death
You don't have to re-write it, they are doing it at schools already. With a rumbling funding crisis which seems to get zero air time on the telly (no new money coming in, increased NI employer contributions etc etc), schools are busily slashing and burning all manner of courses. I found out last week that drama has been removed from my school's curriculum. Watch music and other 'creative' subjects go as the pressure to deliver eBacc subjects increases. The Govian rigour is about to kick in from September with all new GCSEs and A levels which only the top end of the school will be able to access. So, yes, maybe a course on how to make do on very little might well be a useful course.

you

Lessons warning of the dangers of coasting and complacency.
Lessons teaching the virtues of targets and private funding.

you

wish I was joking - it's hard to imagine a future that needs people who've read Tolstoy and Proust.