I've just decided to become a fan of The Police

luka

I like the joke and well done for beating mr tea to the punch. He never lets a pun go begging

Deep balaeric shit
My mate recommend it just now

luka

Definitely the best post punk band by a mile. Also best balaeric white reggae band.

Why are The tastemakers trying to deny then their rightful place in the pantheon?

Last edited:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
You hate James Brown, Prince, Lisa Lisa and cult jam, baby jesus and meadows full of wild flowers in spring
How can I trust anything you say?

Because I have good taste. But babe, if you really care, then go Bob Marley. Really.

Go. Bob. Marley. Or Kiss for a Rose or whatever.

If it's that important.

And for the record, I love the little lamb of baby sweet suckling Jesus; but meadows can fuck off.

luka

Bob Marley is not post punk and doesn't provoke irrational fear and loathing so is not a like4like replacement

mistersloane

Bob Marley is not post punk and doesn't provoke irrational fear and loathing so is not a like4like replacement

Doesn't provoke irrational loathing in you maybe. Maybe you never lived next door to a woman who played "Three Little Birds" every year on the first day of Spring like it was a pagan ritual and had to be BEAT DOWN in the musical stakes by Diamanda Galas. Every spring. Don't talk to me about the hate crimes Bob Marley has inflicted on people's lives.

luka

It's true I have not had that experience and a cursory root thru their underwear drawer has revealed a lot more archetypal white reggae than I thought possible but you have to judge musicians by their high points surely

mistersloane

It's true I have not had that experience and a cursory root thru their underwear drawer has revealed a lot more archetypal white reggae than I thought possible but you have to judge musicians by their high points surely

Oh you, with your garage jockstraps, you might not think playing Three Little Birds is a hate crime. But let me tell you, every year, year after year if you hear it's bullshit refrain, every spring on the wakening of the sun over London, good god you would hate Bob Marley with the hatred I hate him, and all of his spawn.

And that includes Sting.

luka

Copeland: 'Synchronicity' is about the overall unconscious that binds us together. If I wear a red tie and you happen to wearing a red tie, it isn't a coincidence, it's because we have this bond that goes beneath the outer surface. Something we can't even measure, but it's there. And that's Psych 101.
Revolver: Sting, you want comment here?
Sting: No, no, I'm a simple man. A simple man in my huge Tuscan villa, so piss off.

luka

Sizzla kicked the shit out if beenie man cos beenie man suggested he was bigger than bob. Sizzla actually administered corporal punishment

Leo

how can you like someone who's such a creepy stalker?

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you.

Oh can't you see
You belong to me?
How my poor heart aches with every step you take.

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you.

Since you've gone I've been lost without a trace.
I dream at night, I can only see your face.
I look around but it's you I can't replace.
I feel so cold, and I long for your embrace.
I keep crying baby, baby, please...

Oh can't you see
You belong to me?
How my poor heart aches with every step you take.

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you.

Every move you make
Every step you take
I'll be watching you...

I'll be watching you

[Background:]
Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you.

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you.

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you.

droid

'Dont stand so close to me' is all about resisting the temptation to molest young girls.

luka

Well he was a teacher and he's very highly sexed he can go for hours and hours without getting bored