Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vegan

Marrow is delicious when it's scraped out of a roasted pig's thigh bone with a special fork.

Sorry, off-topic a bit.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

I'm giving the marrow another go tonight. This is the marrow's last chance, or we're through forever.

eagerly awaiting marrow report

I chopped it up into pieces with a big cleaver and roasted the crap out of it.

It was a big improvement, but no tomatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    but no tomatoes.
    Is this a vegan, non-smoking version of 'no cigar'?
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

morrissey on prince (but really, on veganism and the monarchy)

made me laugh a bit.

you can feel the glee.

Although a long-serving vegan and a strong advocate of the abolition of the abattoir, neither of these points was mentioned in the one hundred television reports that I witnessed yesterday as they covered the enchanted life and sad death of Prince. The points were not mentioned because they are identified as expressions against e$tabli$hment interests, therefore we, mere galley slaves, aren't allowed to know.

Prince has influenced the world more than is suspected, and somehow the life of his music is just beginning, and he would be thanked not only by humans but also animals for living his lyrical life as he did. Humans, you see, are not the world.
    Meanwhile, on the same day that Prince melts away in physical form, London and England remain two very different countries, and in London the news media (under tyrannized instructions from Buckingham Palace) are informing the world that Her Royal Slyness is celebrating her 90th birthday....
    full thing is here -
    http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_160424_01

Haha, "e$tabli$hment"! "Her Royal Slyness"! Brilliant, I'll have to file those for later use, next to "AmeriKKKa" and "sheeple".

Sadly, I think he's wrong about the press having to be "instructed" to make a huge deal of HRH's birthday - the truth is they actually just have a pretty good idea of what sells papers.

i went off him around the time he was ranting about migration but that piece was so excellent i think i might want to listen to him again.

he might like prince's tribute to vegetarianism -

Dolphins make several attempted sexual assaults on humans every year.

Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Dolphins make several attempted sexual assaults on humans every year.

Just sayin'.
    Yeah but #NotAllDolphins, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Woebot View Post
    im not vegan but i find sometimes a whole week will pass without meat or dairy. and while i dont miss it - i love some beef or a chicken
    just finished bronowski's ascent of man. more and more of the opinion that meat is indispensable.

Quote Originally Posted by Woebot View Post
    just finished bronowski's ascent of man. more and more of the opinion that meat is indispensable.
    This turned up in my twitter feed yesterday, he makes some good points
    http://roguehealthandfitness.com/vegan-bad-idea/

I've never even considered going vegan, not even for a microsecond, what with being a member of a species that evolved with meat-eating mind, teeth and claws, but there's some biochemistry to back it up.

P D Mangan has some interesting ideas about how high Iron levels might be killing us all, he alludes to them in the vegan post. I think they bear consideration, so much so that I'm off to donate an armful of blood tomorrow for the first time.

Also, this news broke over the weekend Vegan climber dies on Everest during mission to prove vegans can climb highest peaks
    Last edited by HMGovt; 23-05-2016 at 09:54 AM.