Vegan

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
an interesting point certainly mr tea. but we're talking about man's early evolution here though.

hm! mental confusion!

Well hang on, you just said "it's not naturally occurring" like that was a problem for vegans, which I took to mean you thought it came from an animal source.

craner

Beast of Burden
I stuffed another fucking marrow today. Another let down, and believe me, the stuffing was exquisite. But it would have been better with rice, or some form of cooked potato. Is the marrow the most useless vegetable, or am I missing something? It just seems to be a lot of tasteless gunk that is awkward to eat, to me, right now, still hungry and having wasted a lot of cooking time.

craner

Beast of Burden
I was listening to the Clube de Esquina album that Matt recommended to get the full vibe, and the music was great but the marrow was crap.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm listening to 'The Big Sleep' by Simple Minds just to exorcise the experience. Caviar, slave! Now!

luka

They didn't even eat marrow in 2nd world war rationing days. Courgettes are bad enough.

luka

Bin it. I'm a lifelong vegetarian all I eat is vegetation but I wouldn't eat a marrow

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Marrow is delicious when it's scraped out of a roasted pig's thigh bone with a special fork.

Sorry, off-topic a bit.

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm giving the marrow another go tonight. This is the marrow's last chance, or we're through forever.

rubberdingyrapids

morrissey on prince (but really, on veganism and the monarchy)

made me laugh a bit.

you can feel the glee.

Although a long-serving vegan and a strong advocate of the abolition of the abattoir, neither of these points was mentioned in the one hundred television reports that I witnessed yesterday as they covered the enchanted life and sad death of Prince. The points were not mentioned because they are identified as expressions against e$tabli$hment interests, therefore we, mere galley slaves, aren't allowed to know.

Prince has influenced the world more than is suspected, and somehow the life of his music is just beginning, and he would be thanked not only by humans but also animals for living his lyrical life as he did. Humans, you see, are not the world.
Meanwhile, on the same day that Prince melts away in physical form, London and England remain two very different countries, and in London the news media (under tyrannized instructions from Buckingham Palace) are informing the world that Her Royal Slyness is celebrating her 90th birthday....

full thing is here -
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_160424_01

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Haha, "e$tabli$hment"! "Her Royal Slyness"! Brilliant, I'll have to file those for later use, next to "AmeriKKKa" and "sheeple".

Sadly, I think he's wrong about the press having to be "instructed" to make a huge deal of HRH's birthday - the truth is they actually just have a pretty good idea of what sells papers.

rubberdingyrapids

i went off him around the time he was ranting about migration but that piece was so excellent i think i might want to listen to him again.

he might like prince's tribute to vegetarianism -