Hip-Hop Culture Wars

luka

I was the very first person on this forum to recognise the brilliance of CrowleyHead and if I was a magazine editor I would give him a regualr column.

My first commission would be a 2000 word essay on the 1995 Source Awards and its pivotal relevance to hip hop culture.

My second commission would be a 1000 word essay on the history and making of Killah Priest's Heavy Mental.

I have many more ideas for him.

I reckon, on rap, Crowley is ten times better than Nelson George and twenty times better than Neil Kulkarni, whatever all that means.

I think he's fabulous.

craner is so proud of crowley today.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
giphy.gif

Craner reading Crowley's Atlanta rap posts today

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
This thread is really good actually, actively had to tear myself away from it on page 5 or 6 or else I'll get nothing else done for the next half an hour.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
God I was a lot more earnest and clever back in 2016.

You can tell I was actually LISTENING to rap music too.

Touching to see my worship of Luka already in full flower.

craner

Beast of Burden
If we can't have Crowley's rap book, maybe we can have Third's collection of aphorisms instead.

luka

I think Barty is like me in that It feels more natural to unspool the thoughts in a quick fire conversational back and forth than hewing commandments into stone. that's more your talent. I'd love to have it though.

forclosure

sorry to ressurect this but i remembered this questlove thread and as far as somebody who was in the mix and around some of these sort of conspiracy rappers it's very englightning

this was in response to Maceo in De La Soul expressing skepticism with the Covid Vaccine

Last edited: