Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A Sensitive Dependence on Initial Conditions (or random events that changed music)

Future purports to have been so high in the studio recording tony montana that he couldn't open his mouth properly and in the process pioneering a style that's come to dominate atlanta rap for the last few years

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sadmanbarty For This Useful Post:

What a worker.

In 1975, 16 year old Frank Schuldiner is killed in a car crash. His parents buy Frank's younger brother Chuck a guitar to distract him from his grief. 9 years later Chuck forms the band 'Death', effectively invents death metal, transforming the genre and becoming one of its most influential figures.

Professor Longhair's distinctive style of New Orleans blues piano playing was shaped by learning to play on an instrument that was missing some keys

6. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

i've read somewhere that mccoy tyner's left handed, hence his signature heavy left hand playing. I suppose the argument could be made that this gave him the unique ability to define the pedal point based modal jazz sound in the 60's.

Makes a lot of sense. Also the LH is more pronounced/sharper attack in general in his playing.

just now been playing (badly)McCoy Tyner's solo from My Favourite Things...insanely beautiful music.

Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Makes a lot of sense. Also the LH is more pronounced/sharper attack in general in his playing.

just now been playing (badly)McCoy Tyner's solo from My Favourite Things...insanely beautiful music.
    You should post your version.

That would be a mistake.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

New Orleans, early 1900's. His parents having separated and living with his grandmother as a result, a young Louis Armstrong is taken on as a delivery boy for The Karnofskys, a Jewish family who ran a rag and bone business. The 7 year old Armstrong would toot a tin horn from the back of the junk cart and sing along with the Russian Lullabies sung by Mrs. Karnofsky. Recognising his talent, the Karnofsky's encouraged him to sing, and when he saw a battered cornet in a pawn shop window they advanced him $5 in wages to buy it...

Armstrong would go on to wear a star of David medal for the rest of his life.
    Last edited by droid; 26-10-2017 at 12:08 AM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    New Orleans, early 1900's. His parents having separated and living with his grandmother, a young Louis Armstrong is taken on as a delivery boy for The Karnofskys, a Jewish family who ran a rag and bone business. The 7 year old Armstrong would toot a tin horn from the back of the Junk cart and sing along with the Russian Lullabies sung by Mrs. Karnofsky. Recognising his talent, the Karnofsky's encouraged him to sing, and when he saw a battered cornet in a pawn shop window they advanced him $5 in wages to buy it...

Armstrong would so on to wear a star of David medal for the rest of his life.
    This is beautiful but it does sound a bit like one of those stories that ends "And that little boy's name? Albert Einstein."
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Tea, the first man to let someone know "Actually Frankenstein is the name of the monster's creator."

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrowleyHead For This Useful Post:

Heh, guilty as charged.

And yet:

knowledge-is-knowing.jpg
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post: