A Sensitive Dependence on Initial Conditions (or random events that changed music)

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Makes a lot of sense. Also the LH is more pronounced/sharper attack in general in his playing.

just now been playing (badly)McCoy Tyner's solo from My Favourite Things...insanely beautiful music.

droid

New Orleans, early 1900's. His parents having separated and living with his grandmother as a result, a young Louis Armstrong is taken on as a delivery boy for The Karnofskys, a Jewish family who ran a rag and bone business. The 7 year old Armstrong would toot a tin horn from the back of the junk cart and sing along with the Russian Lullabies sung by Mrs. Karnofsky. Recognising his talent, the Karnofsky's encouraged him to sing, and when he saw a battered cornet in a pawn shop window they advanced him $5 in wages to buy it...

Armstrong would go on to wear a star of David medal for the rest of his life.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
New Orleans, early 1900's. His parents having separated and living with his grandmother, a young Louis Armstrong is taken on as a delivery boy for The Karnofskys, a Jewish family who ran a rag and bone business. The 7 year old Armstrong would toot a tin horn from the back of the Junk cart and sing along with the Russian Lullabies sung by Mrs. Karnofsky. Recognising his talent, the Karnofsky's encouraged him to sing, and when he saw a battered cornet in a pawn shop window they advanced him $5 in wages to buy it...

Armstrong would so on to wear a star of David medal for the rest of his life.

This is beautiful but it does sound a bit like one of those stories that ends "And that little boy's name? Albert Einstein."

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
"According to Tony Amado, self-proclaimed creator of Kuduro, he got the idea for the dance, after seeing Jean-Claude Van Damme in the 1989 film Kickboxer, in which he appears in a bar drunk, and dances in a hard and unusual style."

CORP$EY

no mickey mouse ting
Does this belong here? Re: Joy Division

In 1994 Sumner said the band's characteristic sound "came out naturally: I'm more rhythm and chords, and Hooky was melody. He used to play high lead bass because I liked my guitar to sound distorted, and the amplifier I had would only work when it was at full volume. When Hooky played low, he couldn't hear himself. Steve has his own style which is different to other drummers. To me, a drummer in the band is the clock, but Steve wouldn't be the clock, because he's passive: he would follow the rhythm of the band, which gave us our own edge." [2]

I like that the faulty amplifier caused Peter Hook to adopt the bass sound that would become one of their trademarks

Actually from my limited experience of producing music accidents are among the most thrilling things about making music