Name musicians/bands/producers you've never heard and probably never will hear

luka

Anything on that weird pc music thread crowley posts on
Anything on that weird shuffling thread you post on

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I actually had a dream that this thread went well but I woke up and its still a shite idea. I have often thought its interesting (to me) that certain producer names turn me off in some obscure way and lead me to never bothering to listen to them. Although in the case of Bonobo and Prefuse 73, I think I'm dimly aware of what they represent and I'm not having any.

Now let this thread sink into the black depths of the deep web.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Maybe this thread could be good if people started weighing in saying "you haven't heard ___?! TRY THIS FOR STARTERS!"

Or maybe not

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Now playing One Word Extinguisher. I actually recently heard Flying Lotus's ''Cosmogramma'' for the first time and was surprised by how much I liked that so maybe this thread can be retitled HUMBLE PIE FOR SCUMMY GUY.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Okay, that was pleasant. Didn't really grab me but it wasn't awful. Kinda what I expected, actually. I didn't give it much of a fair go though lol but maybe I'll try again in the future.

Leo

Wen/Mumdance/Logos (although I do like LHF and the Dusk/Blackdown stuff)
Drake
Bjork
Major Lazer
Tame Impala
Vampire Weekend
Grimes

To be fair, I did at some point give a few of these one listen but they didn't click, so have ignored them since.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I tried Vampire Weekend recently cos they appear on a lot of those top 100 albums of the decade lists.

SHITE.

Leo

I tried Vampire Weekend recently cos they appear on a lot of those top 100 albums of the decade lists.

SHITE.

i'm always puzzled about how they are liked/loved by some music journalists who i respect and usually agree with. don't get it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'd largely avoided Drake for 5/6 years or whatever it is, until finally curiosity got the better of me one evening this year. And...it's not bad, is it? But why the hell is he so popular? Very personable in interviews though.