Jeremy Corbyn

droid

I appreciate that you haven't said Ken's "Hitler supported Zionism" is correct, but why this need to mount such a forensically precise defence of everything else he said?

I havent. This is PRECISELY what I said, and I quote:

Livingstone is objectively, factually correct regarding zionist collaboration with Hitler.

Which is clearly not a defence of 'everything he said' the opposite in fact, its extremely specific. And I have expanded on and repeatedly qualified the claim.

Going from "Zionists hoped to benefit from Nazi anti-Semitism for their own purposes" to "Hitler supported Zionism"

Which again I DID NOT SAY. I said they shared a common goal.

Why are you consistently and repeatedly misrepresenting what I said, ignoring all qualifications, nit picking, shifting the goalposts, arguing from ignorance and mounting a 'forensic attack' using transparently deceitful methods?

Im actually embarrassed for you at this stage.

droid

Pretty+accurate+description+ever+seen+a+baby+pidgeon_8dbade_4722378.jpg

vimothy

yurp
You're deep in the quibble zone here, and I reckon you know it.

Like a said earlier, I think the distinction is critical. To describe the goals of the Nazis and the Zionists as the same is not right, even though, in one respect, the outcome might be the same. It's not a question of particular historical details either. Consider any arbitrary case where community A is persecuting community B with the goal of ethnically cleansing the area of them. Community B seeks to relocate itself somewhere else, to escape persecution. To describe the two communities as sharing the same goal strikes me as highly bizarre, even though, in the strained sense that you are using the term, they do: B wants to flee; A wants to cause B to flee.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
He's at it again!

In fairness it was in response to a leading and hostile question, but you might have thought he would consider it wise not to just repeat a variation on the remark that got him suspended from his party in the first place.

droid

Kurdish success in Kobani and Tal Abyad as well as the capture of Brigade 93 display the effectiveness of air support when coupled with an effective ground force. FSA's withdrawal from Ayn Issa due to lack of air support shows that air strikes are decisive in this regard.

So I'm pro-bombing in support for Kurdish operations.

If the west were to reengage with the Souther Front, I'd be in support of air strikes against I.S. in Daraa (though their presence is minimal there).

If at some point in the future a credible Sunni-Arab group were recapturing I.S. areas along the Euphrates and around Palmyra, I'd support UK air strikes with them as well.

...More generally, studies carried out by the Oslo Peace Research Institute show that two-thirds of the region’s conflict fatalities were produced in originally internal disputes where outsiders imposed their solutions.

In such conflicts, 98% of fatalities were produced only after outsiders had entered the domestic dispute with their military might. In Syria, the number of direct conflict fatalities more than tripled after the west initiated airstrikes against the self-declared Islamic State and the CIA started its indirect military interference in the war – interference that appears to have drawn the Russians in as advanced US antitank missiles were decimating the forces of their ally Bashar al-Assad. Early indications are that Russian bombing is having the usual consequences.

The evidence reviewed by political scientist Timo Kivimäki indicates that the “protection wars [fought by ‘coalitions of the willing’] have become the main source of violence in the world, occasionally contributing over 50% of total conflict fatalities”.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...war-on-terror-noam-chomsky-masters-of-mankind

sadmanbarty

Droid, I would point out that Chomsky (who wrote the article) has endorsed the same position I do with regards to the Kurds.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that the points you're raising are wrong, it's just somewhat amusing. I'll have a proper look at the studies and see if they change my mind.

droid

Well, Im glad youre amused.

I was making a general point about intervention. Probably could have used a better quote, but I was in a hurry!

droid

Livingstone's vile anti-semitism clearly spreading...

IDF Deputy Chief Likens 'Revolting Trends' in Israeli Society to pre-Holocaust Germany
read more: http://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/1.717948

...like wildfire. This must be stopped:

What on earth was going through that anti-Semite general’s head when he dared hint that we, the Chosen People, commit abominable acts like those perpetrated by the gentiles? Really, what's he talking about?

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.719740

luka

You won't know this droid but that uptick in support is traceable to me throwing my support behind him on Facebook a couple of weeks ago

droid

Pre Brexit it was 34/33 in favour of labour, dropped to 32/33, but this is the first time there's been a positive Labour swing outside the margin of error - probably anti-Tory than pro-Labour though tbf.

luka

i wonder if corbyn could win a general election just by promising a do over of the referendum? it would certainly get the vote out one way or another.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
i wonder if corbyn could win a general election just by promising a do over of the referendum? it would certainly get the vote out one way or another.

I think UKIP would jizz in its collective pants if this happened. I mean, if Corbyn announced that as a policy. Not at all convinced he'd win an election on the strength of it.