Page 21 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn

I dont agree with Finkelstein on some things, but he is scrupulously honest, an expert on the misuse of anti-semitism and beyond reproach as a scholar. The holocaust industry is, I think a very important book.

I also seriously doubt Craner has ever read him.

*EDIT - i knew his parents survived the camps, but I didnt know they were sent to Maijdanek. Pretty much a miracle they made it out alive.
    Last edited by droid; 03-05-2016 at 08:55 PM.

I have read 'The Holocaust Industry', but nothing else. I mean, I didn't dismiss his argument out of hand, but there was an element of "up to a point, Lord Copper."

I have a classical Roman Nose, as it happens. I feel I speak for all the descendants of Julius Ceasar, not the Jews. Please get your facts straight, Luke.

High bridge, architectural structure, noble prominence, large but well-proportioned. If it ever gets broken, it'll be a disaster.

Droid probably disagrees with his disavowel of BDS, his most sensible pronouncement in recent times.

Yep, thats it, and like Chomsky it probably comes from a dogmatic adherence to the two state solution, the possibility of which, I'm sorry to say, seems to have long ago vanished over the horizon.

No, I agree with that, it's a disaster. I always had you down as a one state solution kind of guy, though.

Two state always seemed reasonable to me. International consensus, acceptance of Palestinians and Arab world etc. but the Israelis have been a victim of their own success having so effectively demolished Palestinian society & territorial integrity that a Palestinian state now seems impossible. Taba, I think was the last chance.

On the other hand, one state seems just as unlikely seeing as its a dagger aimed right at the heart of Israeli identity and nationalist ideals.

Mostly, not to the letter. But, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    two state solution, the possibility of which, I'm sorry to say, seems to have long ago vanished over the horizon.
    A fairly good explanation of why one state is almost inevitable at this point (I haven't actually seen this in a while, but I remember it as being good) :

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    Agree.
    Lambs and lions laying together. Famines, pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    http://www.theguardian.com/politics/...uspension-live

Anyone with any sense (as Kriss points out) doesn't throw around glib comparisons between the nazis & israel, especially in the middle of an anti-semitism row but, it must be said, Livingstone is objectively, factually correct regarding zionist collaboration with Hitler.
    To return to Ken's supposed 'factual correctness': http://theconversation.com/labour-an...the-jews-58656

Labour antisemitism row: there was nothing Zionist about Hitler’s plans for the Jews

Assertions that Hitler supported Zionism before the Holocaust are nothing new – and nothing to do with historical fact.
    Also, talking about Nazi policy "before Hitler went mad" kind of implies he was acting rationally when he merely wanted to expel Germany's entire Jewish population rather than murder them.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

There was collaboration between Zionists and the Nazi's prior to WWII and then again (far more damningly in my eyes, and completely unmentioned in that parody of an article you posted), between 1940 and 1942 when Zionist paramilitaries Lehi/the Stern gang twice attempted to form an alliance with Italian and German fascism, offering to help with the transfer of European Jews to Palestine in return for help to oust the British and set up a totalitarian Jewish homeland. A prominent member of Lehi, Yitzhak Shamir, served twice as president of Israel in the 80's.

The links to fascism don't stop there either - there is the famous 'natural alliance' of zionism and the neo-fascist Lebanese Phalange, links to far-right Latin American terror groups and governments, and Israel's opposition to various UN resolutions condeming neonazism & fascism.

None of this is the least bit controversial and has all been exhaustively documented. There are several respectable books on the subject.

So, whilst its obviously inaccurate to call Hitler a zionist, it is also wrong to say he did not share the goals of zionism - that is the removal of Jews from Europe.

What was the relationship between the Stern Gang and the Zionist leadership?