Jeremy Corbyn

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Actually we're campaigning locally more on a "make things better for absolutely everyone except luka" platform.

craner

Beast of Burden
May is running the worst Tory campaign since Michael Howard.

What's the feeling on the doorsteps, Tea?

craner

Beast of Burden
Corbyn is smashing this debate, albeit with a friendly audience. His confidence and grasp of debate has grown immeasurably, whatever he is saying.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
People like Labour in general and our MP (Ben Bradshaw, Exeter) in particular but haaate Corbyn. It's got to the point where I'm saying "Labour is unlikely to win the election, so if there's going to be a Tory government in Westminster anyway, would you rather have a good Labour MP working for you locally or not?". Although polls from the last few days may make that a moot point! (I know I've criticized Corbo here recently but it would be just *magical* if he got in, wouldn't it? Sadly it's looking like that would require a coalition with the SNP, which I just don't see happening. On a side note, how the hell have the SNP ended up with so many bloody MPs?)

Loads of Labour placards and posters in people's houses and gardens, not seen a single Tory one so far but my fellow canvassers warned me of 'silent Tories', so I don't want to assume anything until the election is over. Silent Tories are definitely the worst, I mean at least you know where you stand with the blazer-clad, red-faced, foghorn-voiced ones.

craner

Beast of Burden
Ben Bradshaw is definitely not Corbyn Labour, but smack in the centre and even "old" New Labour. Their support of him has no bearing on the national result, I reckon.

droid

Both Sturgeon and Corbyn have hinted at a coalition in the last few days with media mentions of a confidence and supply arrangement. Thats the whole basis of my Corbyn PM fantasy.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ben Bradshaw is definitely not Corbyn Labour, but smack in the centre and even "old" New Labour.

It's funny, some of the placards have got a photo of him from '97 when he first got in. He looks like an actor who could conceivably play Blair.

droid

Westminster voting intention:

CON: 42% (-1)
LAB: 39% (+3)
LDEM: 7% (-2)
UKIP: 4% (-)

(via @YouGov / 30 - 31 May)

Labour will overtake Tories in polls before election day. All about accuracy of youth voting intention weighting methodology and UKIP/Tory transfers in marginal seats now.

droid

May is fucked now whatever happens. Her snap election was one of the worst political decisions in UK history.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
People like Labour in general and our MP (Ben Bradshaw, Exeter) in particular but haaate Corbyn. It's got to the point where I'm saying "Labour is unlikely to win the election, so if there's going to be a Tory government in Westminster anyway, would you rather have a good Labour MP working for you locally or not?". Although polls from the last few days may make that a moot point! (I know I've criticized Corbo here recently but it would be just *magical* if he got in, wouldn't it? Sadly it's looking like that would require a coalition with the SNP, which I just don't see happening. On a side note, how the hell have the SNP ended up with so many bloody MPs?)

Loads of Labour placards and posters in people's houses and gardens, not seen a single Tory one so far but my fellow canvassers warned me of 'silent Tories', so I don't want to assume anything until the election is over. Silent Tories are definitely the worst, I mean at least you know where you stand with the blazer-clad, red-faced, foghorn-voiced ones.

Interesting. But I guess you are in Exeter. That's a good tactic to adopt either way. Bloody silent Tories are the worst.

SNP - 58 total seats in Scotland (SNP have 56) out of 651 in the whole of the UK =9% , is broadly proportional to its relative population. The SNP's local focus just means no votes will be 'wasted' on constituencies where they don't have a real chance of winning the seat. PR would hit them harder than anyone else.

Hope you're right on the positive Labour/SNP coalition signs, Droid. OK you are: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/01/jeremy-corbyn-refuses-rule-labour-coalition-deal-snp/ Surely Corbyn would have to do it if it meant being in government?

Don't like Farron, but I'm glad someone said this:

Last edited:

droid

The most delicious scenario I can imagine is Labour and SNP falling 3 seats short of overall majority only to be joined by Sinn Fein MP's who break their 100 year abstention of the commons to allow him to form a government.

Not going to happen, but worth fantasising for the media reaction alone.

firefinga

So what is a likely scenario for Tories failing to secure an overall Majority? Is a coalition Labour with SNP likely?

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
The most delicious scenario I can imagine is Labour and SNP falling 3 seats short of overall majority only to be joined by Sinn Fein MP's who break their 100 year abstention of the commons to allow him to form a government.

There'd be a scandal! Everyone would be like "OMG, Gerry Adams is a Corbyn supporter!"

droid

If YouGov is right, and there is strong youth turnout there will be a hung parliament. Depending on seat distribution it may be possible for Labour/SNP and others to form a government and both are making noises in that direction. If trends progress as they have been this could become a very real option.

droid

Labour down by ten seats in latest YouGov prediction. Tories still short of majority. Nail biter.