Jeremy Corbyn

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Tea, what's the feeling like in Exeter? I was in Kilburn & Hampstead earlier trying to 'get out' the vote', had some positive conversations. But then I wasn't in Hampstead

droid

The most delicious scenario I can imagine is Labour and SNP falling 3 seats short of overall majority only to be joined by Sinn Fein MP's who break their 100 year abstention of the commons to allow him to form a government.

Not going to happen, but worth fantasising for the media reaction alone.

Its possible now that this could actually happen. :D

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Tea, what's the feeling like in Exeter? I was in Kilburn & Hampstead earlier trying to 'get out' the vote', had some positive conversations. But then I wasn't in Hampstead

I'd be hugely surprised if our guy didn't get back in with a comfy margin. Tories barely to be seen on the ground.

Personally? Full of Nepalese curry, a bit stoned and very, very ready for bed. Just gave my best Benn impression (with pipe) on FB if you're interested.

droid

BED!!!! How can you even think about it? Youre supposed to get drunk and laugh for the next 6 hours.

droid

This may all fall to pieces over the next few hours, but Im going to enjoy it while I can.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
TBH, I'd taken the pessimistic view that a par score was the complete annihilation of left wing politics in general and the Labour party in particular for the next twenty years, so I'm treating any advance on that as some cause for celebration.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
The implications for the power of the right-wing press are going to be interesting to think through once we know exactly what's happened.

droid

Its an astonishing result.

The Tories outspent Labour 10/1 on unregulated facebook ads. They had nearly ten times the overall funding. They had almost the entire print media (and to a lesser extent) significant sections of broadcast media behind them.

Labour had an allotment bothering, jam making populist, 5% of Guardian columnists, 200,000 young activists...

...and Stormzy.