Jeremy Corbyn

droid

OK, I have to go to bed. A few observations.

Turnout seems high, hitting 80% in some seats.

Labour look set to wipe out Tories in London and make big gains in Scotland and Wales.

There's some toing and froing but the results look closer to YouGov model than exit poll.

YouGov gave Tories 302 seats.

Here we fucking go!!

firefinga

The Tories will buy the DUP, May is finished, Boris Johnson new MP.

Blairites finally gone for good, Corbyn's relative victory encouraging signal to other social democrats parties all over europe which believed apeing conservatives/pro big business stances are the way to go.

droid

Tea, you have, at least partially, redeemed yourself.

Luka, you go straight into the cor-bin of history.

luka

Huh? I caused this result with the most basic and well known magical operation. How about a thank you

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Huh? I caused this result with the most basic and well known magical operation. How about a thank you

Well maybe you could've used a slightly more advanced one and had Corbyn actually win outright, jussayin.

Last edited:

droid

Despite the perennial foolishness of betting against the stupidity and venality of the British public, I have had a hunch about Crobyn being next PM for the last couple of weeks and I'm now at the stage where Im willing go public and risk extending my terrible record of political predictions plus the well-deserved ridicule that will ensue when I am most probably proved wrong.

I know he fell short, but Im gonna claim this one.

I never lost the faith even when those around me wavered etc...

droid

May is doomed. Johnson/DUP coalition will be deeply unstable and will alienate anyone to the left of Hitler. Foster facing a corruption inquiry and chaos at Stormont due to same. All signs point to a resounding Labour electoral victory and possible Corbyn PM within the year, if not sooner.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
What's the likelihood of another election this year though; is there any way the Tories can hold off another poll by bullshit Brexit/stability pleas? I'm too tired/hungover to be able to find the answer for myself on the internet...

droid

You have to understand the character and stance of DUP. They are fundamentalist bigots with a paramilitary wing that never decommissioned. They hate women, minorities and gays and have supported every despicable cause in modern history, so naturally enough, they are gung ho for a hard Brexit - something comprehensively rejected by the electorate.

EU negotiations tanking will cause ructions in moderate Tory backbenches and huge public pressure. Revitalised Corbyn will lead relentless opposition, which will be taken far more seriously by media, & local inquires and events in NI may well bring Foster down. Its a fundamentally unstable arrangement made even shakier by bizarre personalities, strong opposition and Brexit chaos. It wont last.