Page 64 of 66 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 LastLast
Results 946 to 960 of 986

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn

  1. #946
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    6,258

    Default


  2. #947
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,410

  3. #948
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Mate of mine was down at Grenfell tonight. Praised the articulacy of the speakers. Angry but restrained. Well aware of the dangers of media. Big demo planned for the Queen's speech and they're heading down to the town hall tomorrow at noon with calls for the resignation of specific politicians.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to droid For This Useful Post:


  5. #949
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Anyone going shout me and Ill put you in touch. He's a geezer.

  6. #950
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Surprisingly good coverage on broadcast media. The sun needs to be subject to a nationwide boycott.

  7. #951
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    11,177

  8. #952
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The Fear - Dublin
    Posts
    6,258

    Default

    Sent a reporter into a hospital posing as a relative to interview a victim.

  9. #953
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,998

    Default

    He's just sacked three frontbenchers for defying the whip on leaving the single market.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  10. #954
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,042

    Default

    Yeah, that was disappointing yesterday - I just don't see how that can help in any shape or form whatsoever. Apart from anything, why put Labour on the front page again when the Tories are self-destructing. Just let people have their view on Brexit, didn't change anything substantive. As to why the hell the Labour leadership couldn't just get behind the motion (much as I don't care for Chuka Umunna, clearly he's right here), I don't know.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 30-06-2017 at 09:15 AM.

  11. #955
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Loondon
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baboon2004 View Post
    Yeah, that was disappointing yesterday - I just don't see how that can help in any shape or form whatsoever. Apart from anything, why put Labour on the front page again when the Tories are self-destructing. Just let people have their view on Brexit, didn't change anything substantive. As to why the hell the Labour leadership couldn't just get behind the motion (much as I don't care for Chuka Umunna, clearly he's right here), I don't know.
    Just read some commentary on FB that it's a strategic move - "wait and see". I have no idea if this is yet more "Corbyn can do no wrong" fan fiction though. it makes sense to be cautious I think. Advertising themselves as the anti-Brexit party right now would attract a huge amount of fire and give the Tories something of a break.

    Farage has just tweeted supported Corbyn. What a shame Glastonbury isn't this weekend instead.

  12. #956
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,998

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Farage has just tweeted supported Corbyn.
    Lol, the times we live in, eh?

    I saw someone on FB the other day talking about seeing Corbyn on stage at Glastonbury next to some star-struck young 'un wearing an 'I EU' badge.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  13. #957
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Loondon
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Lol, the times we live in, eh?

    I saw someone on FB the other day talking about seeing Corbyn on stage at Glastonbury next to some star-struck young 'un wearing an 'I EU' badge.
    It could be some sort of cautious bluff I guess. I have no idea. I've given up trying to make predictions.

  14. #958
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    14,998

    Default

    Doubt it, he's profoundly anti-EU and always has been (and was anti-EEC before the EU existed).
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

  15. #959
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North East London
    Posts
    5,410

    Default

    Brexit was in the LP manifesto and is v popular with many traditional Labour voters.

    Chukka's opportunism is pathetic.

    Paul Mason is right on this - centrists who want a Macron style remain party should set one up.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to john eden For This Useful Post:


  17. #960
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    East Loondon
    Posts
    1,209

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by john eden View Post
    Brexit was in the LP manifesto and is v popular with many traditional Labour voters.

    Chukka's opportunism is pathetic.

    Paul Mason is right on this - centrists who want a Macron style remain party should set one up.
    Off top of my head - 63% of Lab voters and 90% of Labour members voted Remain. It's hardly a marginal position in the party, or for Labour voters, the rights or wrongs of Chukka's actions nonwithstanding. If "the youth" came out en masse for Corbyn how do we square that with the fact that young people overwhelmingly voted Remain? And lest we forgot leaving the single market was not on the ballot paper. If we are going to go Brexit, why go with the most destructive interpretation of it?

    I can't see how we can have a huge increase in public spending while at the same time blowing up the foundational pillars of our economy.

    The fact that a low rent nazi is cheering him on surely should give his supporters pause.
    Last edited by DannyL; 30-06-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •