Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1085

Thread: Jeremy Corbyn

Luka: Could you explain what's in Tea's last post that isn't true? Maybe you have an opinion yourself? This is the bit you normally go "I'm not an expert mate" and go back to dredging up old posts or whatever.

Droid: What been happening in Gaza is obviously horrific and should be condemned unequivocally, yesterday's events seem like a culmination. But Corbyn's outrage is selective and based on ideological partisanship, rather than say, a respect for universal human rights.
    Last edited by DannyL; 15-05-2018 at 07:59 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    youve just set yourself up for the kicking of your life there tea.

what amazes me i that it was only a week or two ago that droid showed you how out of your depth you are.
    you ran off with your tail between your legs, and now you're back, throwing stones again.... mad
    Utter nonsense. It was droid who not long ago approvingly posted an article by Robert Fisk - the man being toured around regime-held areas of Syria by regime goons, who then can't find anyone with a bad word to say about the regime, funnily enough - and who then starts spouting off about "sane media". What a shitshow.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Mr. Tea
    Mr. Tea is online now Shub-Niggurath, Please

Well Israel is saying Iran shot first: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...heights-israel

At any rates, some missiles from Syria hit Israeli positions in the Golan Heights and Israel thinks they came from Iranian units.
    Obviously I don't have the same highly-placed IDF sources that droid apparently has, so you will notice I didn't make any categorical claim about what had happened (unlike droid, again, with his crystal ball).

So maybe butt out before you make yourself look any more foolish.
    Doin' the Lambeth Warp New: DISSENSUS - THE NOVEL - PM me your email address and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    Assad and friends kill 500,000, displace 12,000,000: "We must seek a diplomatic solution through the UN" (i.e. do nothing)
    A few thousand palestinians among them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by firefinga View Post
    Yarnouk camp was destroyed a fortnight ago which was originally home to around 100,000 Palestinians.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
    Remarkable isn't it. Magical Grandpa swings into action. Why is this different from Ukraine, Venezuela, Iran, Syria? Where we have to "take it slowly, let's assess the evidence, no rush to judgement" - It's almost as if his political biases determine the causes he supports, regardless of the bodycount. Elected to sainthood on the basis of selective morality.
    don't know that much about ukraine, but for the other countries i would say, because they are not part of imperialist usa? and we know what happens to those countries, they get infiltrated, they get boycotted, they get manipulated, they get bombed, they get threatened, etc.

Far more than Israel has killed in the same period, in fact.

To be clear, I posted the Corbyn tweet not to exculpate Israel or in any way diminish Israeli atrocities. I'd have thought that was abundantly obvious, but maybe it needs to be spelled out for some people. The point was to show the glaring double standards and general moral vacuity of an "anti-war" left that is extremely fucking selective about which precise wars it is anti, and of which Corbyn is a leading member.

If people are going to use that as a stick to beat him with, then good - he needs beating. I've lost whatever remaining patience I had with him. His cynicism is breathtaking.
    Last edited by Mr. Tea; 15-05-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tea View Post
    His cynicism is breathtaking.
    question is, is it cynicism. I rather got the impression he really means it, like most of the worldwide "anti-imperialist" brigades.

question is, is it cynicism. I rather got the impression he really means it, like most of the worldwide "anti-imperialist" brigades.
    "RT more objective than most" - always rings out in my mind when these discussions start.

There's a degree of cynicism or wilful ignorance at least with regards to Syria as he's been regularly harangued by activists for a while now. The only time he spoke out against Russian bombing in Syria was after some Peter Tatchell and some Syria Solidarity UK activists invaded the stage at a speech he was giving (I was meant to be involved in that action but childcare took over). We are wilfully ignorant in our own ways I guess.

I agree with Droid that's it's a bad look to politically point score in wake of a massacre. It's just with Corbyn the contrasts are so vivid - "you couldn't make it up" to coin a phrase. If anyone has a clue about genuinely progressive movements/thinkers/initiatives that might change the situation in Gaza, then hit us up by all means, or post in the relevant thread.

I think it's possible to earnestly believe in something and to be cynical at the same time. He has far more in common with Tony Blair than most people realize.

From Sam Charles Hamad on Facebook. On excoriating form as usual:
    “The Western Palestine Fetish and Phoney Self-Indulgent Outrage Industry will be mobilising in full swing. No, I'm not making light of those martyred today. I've never had anything but support for the cause of Palestinian self-determination and resistance to Israeli state brutality, but it's not me who has to explain myself.

It's the likes of Jeremy Corbyn, and he's the perfect figurehead. He's come out and strongly condemned the murder of Palestinians by Israel, while he could not come out and condemn the murder of Syrians by Assad-Iran-Russia after Ghouta, Khan Shaykhun or Douma. Following Douma and Khan Shaykhun, he called for an inquiry to see who *really* did it, while, for the latter, he ignored the huge catalogue of evidence demonstrating it was Assad and posited that it might've been a Syrian rebel group. Where was his statement when the Palestinian refugee area of Yarmouk was starved, bombarded, destroyed and cleansed by Assad, Iran and Russia?
    So, yes, no matter how much this person might be outraged at the slaughter of Palestinians by Israel, it is PHONEY. I'll say it again - the anti-apartheid movement was never opposing apartheid in South Africa while supporting, denying or justifying much worse apartheid elsewhere. So it ought to be met with despise and even ridicule. It ought to be sneered at. And the same goes for all the people you know who are as bad if not worse than apologists for Israel (Israel, in that region, is no supreme evil - not even close) when it comes to apologising for Assad-Iran-Russia's genocide in Syria.
    You'll get all the theatrics - you'll get the marches, the sloganeering, the podiums, the phoney mourning by people who have no organic link to this particular situation. Including governments. Like the Iranian regime has ever done anything of note against the great 'Zionist Entity'. It has expended more resoruces butchering more Arab than Israel could ever hope to in Syria. This is the evil that lies at the heart of the fetish.
    Never confuse victims for those vultures, those ravening wolves who are actually excited every time a Palestinian is killed by Israel, who exploit the victims for their own sordid, self-indulgent ends. They need Israel to kill Palestinians. They want it so very badly. It gives their hollow lives, saturated with privilege, meaning. It gives them opportunities. It makes their dead, soulless form sparkle. This is vicious reality of 'politics'. But they're a huge hindrance to the movement for justice - in a wider and direct sense.
    Every sleazy propagandist for Israel loves the pro-Assad movement and its cross-over with Palestinian solidarity - they think these people have been sent from The Almighty Lord Above.
    Every time Israel murders Palestinians and the inevitable clashes happen within the discourse, they'll be faced with the Corbyns, Blumenthals, Khaleks, Finkelsteins et al, and numerous other ones parasiting in academia and the media (there's thousands of them), and the first thing they'll say is 'it's interesting that you only choose to care about dead Arabs when the Jews are killing them' - guess what, THEY'RE RIGHT. They don't just have a point. They are now, despite their own motivations, 100% correct.”

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DannyL For This Useful Post: