Songs about the internet / technology (for school assembly!)

griftert

Weirdly love Katy Perry and Jess Glynn. A few years ago I would have rather shot myself in the foot than listened to either of them, so that's the power of the internet I guess.

benjybars

village elder.
Had a first run through of Rather Be with my class today.

The music teacher in my school is great and she did some mad arrangements with the song.. loads of different harmonies and stuff. Sounded so sick! Will try and get of a recording of it.

benjybars

village elder.
So in the school where I work (very middle-class state primary school in an affluent part of North London) each class has to do two assemblies a year. But unlike most schools, where assemblies are low-key affairs and consist of the children mumbling something about what they've been studying in class, assemblies in my school are a BIG deal (all parents and grandparents attending), and you're seen as something of a failure if you don't put on a full-scale Chekhov production in the original Russian. I'm as much to blame for this as anyone, as I put in far too much work and energy into my assemblies, thus ensuring that the rest of the staff feel they have put on something equally ambitious..

Anyway the topic I chose for this assembly (and it really is the teacher's choice - you can do anything you want. It's basically your opportunity as a class teacher to present your creative vision to the school!) was the internet. And it was sick.

rubberdingyrapids

i hope you dont use phrases like 'that was so sick' in class.

seriously, the assembly sounds good. i do sometimes wonder what would have happened if i did the pgce....

benjybars

village elder.
i hope you dont use phrases like 'that was so sick' in class.

seriously, the assembly sounds good. i do sometimes wonder what would have happened if i did the pgce....

ha.. i did get pulled up a bit for my speech in my training year.. not always talking proper..

i would fully recommend doing the training if you're considering it.